• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ for Apple Music on iPhone…with HD800s

OP
AmalfiMan

AmalfiMan

You seem to want to spend/waste money when you’d be better off to get what you have already bought working correctly.

I’m done.
Ok see my post above as I have my shit together. Lol. Now relax, take a puff of some good stuff. All good. Next, I need to find an EQ or just wait for Apple to include a real EQ on their phones.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Ex5 has a fail safe
No it doesn’t.

You’re not using any of this stuff correctly and I’m afraid you’ll burn you house down and ruin this great gear.

OP
AmalfiMan

AmalfiMan

You really don’t know what you have and it’s all great stuff.

The main thing you don’t seem to get is the dongle should not be inline with the EX5. The camera adapter is a bad name but alas that is what it’s called. It will allow you to send single from your iPhone to the EX5 and allow you to keep your iPhone charged at the same time.

The other thing is how do you have your iPhone set? Low-fi mid-fi, or hi-fi?
I have to admit that the Apple Airpod Max headphone sounds way better especially with apple music spatial audio feature. But the earcups are uncomfortable.

The HD800s sounds kind of muffled, but still listenable.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
EQ or just wait for Apple to include a real EQ on their phones.
Likely will never happen. It’s a phone not a dedicated audio source.

OP
AmalfiMan

AmalfiMan

No it doesn’t.

You’re not using any of this stuff correctly and I’m afraid you’ll burn you house down and ruin this great gear.
What? Serious? My ex5 is only connected to the PC via usb port.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to admit that the Apple Airpod Max headphone sounds way better especially with apple music spatial audio feature.
Of course it does, it is designed to do that. The iPhone is sending Atmos to headphones that can reproduce Atmos.

Reed

@AmalfiMan consider buying the Qudelix 5K. It has 10-band PEQ built-in along with every single AutoEQ preset, and it's more than powerful enough to drive the HD800s via the 2.5mm balanced jack.
I use the Qudelix with my Sennheiser HD 58X. The app’s included correction for my headphones work perfectly. It’s a bargain.

OP
AmalfiMan

AmalfiMan

I use the Qudelix with my Sennheiser HD 58X. The app’s included correction for my headphones work perfectly. It’s a bargain.
No longer for sale. Phased out. Looking for used.

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can still order one from Qudelix's website afaik

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220610-161617.png
    Screenshot_20220610-161617.png
    308.7 KB · Views: 49

Mulder

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Regarding audio on the iPhone. This is slightly of topic, but I hope it is ok anyway. When I play oreinary CD material, i.e. 44.1 khz on my iPhone and the Apple dongle, it seems the 44.1 khz is always resampled to 48 khz. Can anyone confirm if this is true. Is the Apple ligthning dongle 48 khz ONLY?

Top Bottom