• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Entreq "signal grounding" Measurements

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
QAR is second Kondycjonerem of mass which not yet is shown Dynamite, not yet tested in the press, but is arousing the interest in amongst customers. Kondycjoner directly connected to loudspeakers.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's some amazing pictures!

attachment.php

:eek:

I mean what is going on their thinking to create such monstrosity?
Complete ignorance.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

attachment.php

As the saying goes, "you just can't fix stupid". o_O

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The early digital switches (Nippon Electric Telephone Exchange) I worked with had cages and card slots - 7 feet tall, 3 feet wide x 20 or more frames - had power traces in the backplanes but no signal traces.

That was all hand-jumpered pin to pin.

It left a mass of point-to-point wiring (26~30AWG) about two inches thick across the entire backside of the more densely populated units.

For one dense rack, figure about 20 (cards) x 200 (pins) x 14 (cages) - 56,000 pins, so 28,000 possible jumpers... Maybe 10,000 were wired. A solid mat of jumpers on the backside...

Much more ambitious than the above.

Oh yeah, the drawings were in Japanese, just to make it more fun.

At least they used connector cables between racks, or it would really have been a mess.

Manteca California, Continental Telephone, was the first of these beasts in the U.S. There were 25 frames in the system, and Tokyo sent 25 engineers. One for each, as the story goes. They got it working...

https://books.google.com/books?id=SnjGRDVIUL4C&pg=PA501&lpg=PA501&dq=nec+neax+manteca&source=bl&ots=qK9WfEc_Pb&sig=YZxZjtIfF4HHbV2on3yh40A5_9M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwim0JbApZHXAhXHKyYKHQr2By0Q6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q=nec neax manteca&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=VI_kBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA343&lpg=PA343&dq=nec+neax+manteca&source=bl&ots=Z47odqtQyC&sig=T-T526JXN9gA9Q0ltOG63tqqMG0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDycHroZHXAhUPfiYKHesnARQQ6AEIUjAL#v=onepage&q=nec neax manteca&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=0...6AEITjAK#v=onepage&q=nec neax manteca&f=false

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Picture of the current flowing about during a fusion burst at Sandia Labs. I wonder if an Entreq in the right spot could soak up all this?
Awesome photo!

wgscott

From audibility point of view, I think the scheme is benign if the noise levels stay at what I have measured.

All feedback is appreciated :).

On CA, I got myself into a wee bit of trouble with some resolute believers by suggesting that anyone who thought using a box of dirt as a ground clearly had as much sand in their head.

As for it being benign, does that mean I could ground my appliances to this thing and send a photograph to AAA and they wouldn't cancel my homeowner's insurance and life insurance policies?

Speedskater

Major Contributor
attachment.php

While it's hard to tell from a photo, but if all the terminals are jumpered together then it can act as a real ground.
i.e. ground = common reference point.
The box can be empty, it's the jumpers that count. But connecting it to insulated RCA jacks could be a ground loop.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The box can be empty, it's the jumpers that count. But connecting it to insulated RCA jacks could be a ground loop.
Oh no, the box must be filled with Dracula's coffin earth for the black magic to spin.
“Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!”

Speedskater

Major Contributor
True, magic boxes need to be filled with magic stuff, but all real ground systems need is copper.
It's just a tie point not a destination.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
While it's hard to tell from a photo, but if all the terminals are jumpered together then it can act as a real ground.
i.e. ground = common reference point.
It is six different binding posts so it doesn't even do that properly.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
But all the binding posts are connected to the same pile of dirt inside the nice wooden box.
There are two boxes interconnected that way. So it is not just one box either!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There's a competitor on the market, the Setchi! Note, however, that the OP in the WBF thread on the Setchi uses it not in place of his Entreq Tellus, his Synergistic Research grounding box, and all the others he owns, but in addition to them.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There's a competitor on the market, the Setchi! Note, however, that the OP in the WBF thread on the Setchi uses it not in place of his Entreq Tellus, his Synergistic Research grounding box, and all the others he owns, but in addition to them.
At least they are much more reasonably priced. I am conflicted because I know Edward ("EuroDriver") there. But if someone wants to buy them and send it me, I am happy to test it and compare it to Entreq. :)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I read the WBF thread, when I turn up the volume on my ‘ hi-fi ‘ there’s no ‘harshness ‘ to speak of..

What’s broken in these folks systems that requires this box to fix it?

It’s rather convenient or coincidental that silver makes it clean and bright and copper smooths the sound out again.. any ideas ?

All sounds a bit Ifi .., a bit Schitt ..., I’d buy one but fear I’d feel a PRaT for doing so..

Top Bottom