• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End of the audio writers as we know :-)

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We are not far away from an entire 'magazine' like Stereophile being produced by AI. Or maybe it already is...?
Nah! Can you imagine the following on an audio magazine?

What is the best audio speaker​

It is difficult to say which audio speaker is the "best" because the concept of "best" is highly subjective and can vary depending on a person's individual preferences and needs. Additionally, there are many different types of audio speakers on the market, each of which has its own unique features and characteristics.

Some people might consider a speaker to be the best if it has the highest level of sound quality, with clear and detailed audio reproduction across a wide range of frequencies. Others might consider a speaker to be the best if it has a sleek and stylish design, or if it offers convenient features such as Bluetooth connectivity or multi-room capabilities. Still others might consider a speaker to be the best if it offers the best value for money, with a high level of performance and features at an affordable price.

In order to determine which audio speaker is the best for you, it is important to consider your own individual needs and preferences. You should also consider factors such as the size of the room where the speaker will be used, the type of music or audio content you will be listening to, and your budget. By taking these factors into account, you can make an informed decision and choose an audio speaker that is the best for you.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I asked it about open baffles...

Open baffle speakers, also known as dipole speakers, are known for their unique sound characteristics and have a dedicated following among audio enthusiasts. They are typically considered to be good for certain types of music and listening environments, but may not be the best choice for all applications.

One of the main advantages of open baffle speakers is their wide and natural soundstage. They are able to produce a more spacious and immersive sound than traditional boxed speakers, which can be especially appealing for music with a lot of ambient or natural sounds.

Open baffle speakers are also known for their smooth and detailed sound. They tend to have a more neutral and balanced frequency response than boxed speakers, which can make them a good choice for critical listening.

However, open baffle speakers are not without their drawbacks. They tend to have lower sensitivity and less bass output than boxed speakers, which can make them less suitable for loud or bass-heavy music. They also tend to be more expensive and require more careful placement in the listening room.

Overall, open baffle speakers are a good choice for certain applications and preferences, but may not be the best fit for everyone.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oops…

Is the US a democracy?​

The United States is a federal constitutional republic, not a pure democracy. In a pure democracy, the people directly participate in the decision-making process and have the ultimate authority to make decisions for the community. In contrast, the United States has a representative democracy, in which the people elect representatives to make decisions on their behalf.

While the United States is not a pure democracy, it does have many democratic elements. For example, the people have the right to vote and elect their representatives, and the government is based on the principles of majority rule and individual rights. Additionally, the Constitution and the rule of law provide a framework for ensuring that the government is accountable to the people and operates in accordance with the will of the majority.

Overall, while the United States is not a pure democracy, it is a democratic republic that incorporates many democratic principles and values.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

What is the best audio speaker?​

It has been said that of the many thousands of audio speakers manufactured, the Silver 5L is one of them.
You, my dear man, you know everything :):cool:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I asked it if Audiosciencereview was a good site. Honestly, it locked up for about a minute, then produced this:

Audioscience Review (ASR) is a website and online forum that focuses on audio and home theater equipment. It is a popular resource for audio enthusiasts and professionals, and is known for its detailed reviews and technical discussions of audio equipment.

Many users consider ASR to be a good site for information and advice on audio equipment. The site features comprehensive reviews of a wide range of audio products, as well as detailed technical discussions and comparisons of different equipment.

Additionally, the ASR forum is a popular destination for audio enthusiasts to share their experiences, ask questions, and seek advice from other users. The forum is moderated by experienced audio professionals, which helps to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information provided.

Overall, Audioscience Review is a good site for those interested in audio equipment and seeking detailed and reliable information on the subject.

OP
sarumbear

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I asked it if Audiosciencereview was a good site. Honestly, it locked up for about a minute, then produced this:

Audioscience Review (ASR) is a website and online forum that focuses on audio and home theater equipment. It is a popular resource for audio enthusiasts and professionals, and is known for its detailed reviews and technical discussions of audio equipment.

Many users consider ASR to be a good site for information and advice on audio equipment. The site features comprehensive reviews of a wide range of audio products, as well as detailed technical discussions and comparisons of different equipment.

Additionally, the ASR forum is a popular destination for audio enthusiasts to share their experiences, ask questions, and seek advice from other users. The forum is moderated by experienced audio professionals, which helps to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information provided.

Overall, Audioscience Review is a good site for those interested in audio equipment and seeking detailed and reliable information on the subject.
At least it didn’t reply like this :)

I'm sorry, but I am not able to provide information about specific websites. As a large language model trained by OpenAI, my knowledge is based solely on the text that I have been trained on, and I don't have access to information about specific websites or forums. My primary function is to assist with general information and answer questions to the best of my ability based on the text that I have been trained on.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
ChatGPT likes Class A amplifiers. :)

Bit of an error in the second past paragraph...

Class A amplifiers are electronic devices that are used to amplify audio signals and produce high-quality sound. These amplifiers are considered to be superior to other types of amplifiers, such as class B and class D, for several reasons.

One of the main advantages of class A amplifiers is that they produce very low levels of distortion. This is because they operate in a linear mode, where the output signal is directly proportional to the input signal. This linear operation ensures that the amplifiers accurately reproduce the audio signal without adding any unwanted artifacts. In contrast, other types of amplifiers, such as class B and class D, use non-linear modes of operation, which can produce higher levels of distortion.

Another advantage of class A amplifiers is that they have excellent linearity, which means that they can accurately reproduce the entire audio frequency range. This is important for high-fidelity audio systems, where it is important to accurately reproduce the full range of audible frequencies. In contrast, other types of amplifiers may have limitations in their frequency response, which can compromise the quality of the audio.

In addition, class A amplifiers are highly reliable and have a long lifespan. Because they operate in a linear mode, they do not generate as much heat as other types of amplifiers, which reduces stress on the components and increases their longevity. This makes class A amplifiers a good choice for applications where reliability and durability are important, such as in professional audio systems.

Overall, class A amplifiers are considered to be superior to other types of amplifiers because they produce low levels of distortion, have excellent linearity, and are highly reliable. These advantages make them a good choice for high-fidelity audio systems, where the quality of the sound is of the utmost importance.

It gets even worse if you tell it to try again:

In addition, class A amplifiers are known for their high efficiency. Unlike other types of amplifiers, which waste a significant amount of energy as heat, class A amplifiers are highly efficient and convert most of the input energy into useful output. This means that class A amplifiers do not require large and heavy heat sinks to dissipate the heat, which makes them more compact and portable.
I like Class A amplifiers...
wait!
what are you suggesting!?!

I am not an AI!
I am a disembodied brain kept alive in a vat of phosphate buffered saline! I... umm...
wait.
Pretend I never wrote that, 'K?

:cool:

DonR

Major Contributor
Finally, I got the “prefect” audio magazine writer response :p

Input: Why do vinyl records sound so much better than digital?

There are a few reasons why some people believe that vinyl records can sound better than digital formats such as CDs or MP3s. One reason is that vinyl records are able to capture and reproduce a wider range of frequencies than digital formats. This is because the grooves on a vinyl record are much larger and more pronounced than the bits of data on a CD or MP3 file, so they can store more information and reproduce a wider range of sounds.

Another reason why vinyl records can sometimes sound better than digital formats is that they are more analog in nature. Unlike digital formats, which use complex algorithms to encode and compress audio data, vinyl records simply store the physical vibrations of sound in a grooved pattern on the record. This means that the sound from a vinyl record is a more direct and unprocessed representation of the original sound source, which can result in a warmer, more natural sound.

Additionally, many people believe that vinyl records have a certain "character" or "warmth" to their sound that is lacking in digital formats. This is often attributed to the fact that vinyl records are physical objects, and the sound they produce is a direct result of the physical interaction between the stylus and the record grooves. This can give vinyl records a more organic and tangible quality that is not present in digital formats.

Of course, not everyone agrees that vinyl records sound better than digital formats. Some people believe that digital formats are superior because they are more convenient and offer better sound quality when played on high-quality equipment. Additionally, the sound quality of vinyl records can be affected by a variety of factors, such as the condition of the record, the quality of the playback equipment, and the skill of the person operating it. Ultimately, the decision of whether vinyl records or digital formats sound better is a matter of personal preference.
Phat grooves, my brother. Phat grooves.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In some cases you can make it argue for the exact opposite of the facts:

"why level matching doesn't matter for ABX tests of audio gear"

Level matching, which refers to the process of adjusting the volume levels of different audio signals to be the same, is not typically considered to be important for ABX tests of audio gear. This is because the goal of an ABX test is to determine whether a person can consistently and accurately identify the differences between two or more audio signals, rather than to evaluate the effects of volume level on the listener's perception of the sound.
In an ABX test, the listener is typically presented with a reference signal and one or more comparison signals. The listener must then determine which of the comparison signals is the same as the reference signal. The volume level of the signals is not typically varied during the test, so level matching is not necessary.
Additionally, level matching may not be possible or practical in some cases, such as when comparing two audio signals that have different dynamic ranges or were recorded at different levels. In such cases, level matching would not be relevant to the ABX test and would not affect the listener's ability to accurately identify the differences between the signals.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
The amount of bullshit you can produce with this is staggering. I am never gonna write an email all by myself again. And I can simply drown all my workmates with the output of this thing. Hell I've already used it to "write" documentation. This will be my out of office notification for this year:

please write a mail to my colleagues what i will be leaving the office on dec 19th and return next year on on the 2nd of january. whish them a merry christmas

Dear colleagues,

I wanted to let you all know that I will be leaving the office on December 19th and will not be returning until the 2nd of January next year. I will be taking some time off to spend the holidays with my family.

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you all have a wonderful time and are able to relax and enjoy yourselves.

I look forward to seeing you all in the new year.

Best regards,

[Your Name]

I could never be this nice if I tried. It's so easy.

I'm also gonna add to the audiofoolery:

write about how skin effect affects audio quality but talk like donald trump

The skin effect is a very interesting thing, folks. It's all about how the electrical current flows through a conductor. And let me tell you, it has a big impact on audio quality.

You see, when the current flows through a conductor, it has a tendency to move toward the surface, or the "skin," of the conductor. This means that the current is concentrated on the outer layers of the conductor, and not evenly distributed throughout.

Now, this can have a big effect on audio quality. You see, when the current is concentrated on the outer layers of the conductor, it can cause distortion and loss of detail in the sound. This can make the audio sound less clear and less dynamic.

But don't worry, folks. There are ways to mitigate the skin effect and improve audio quality. For example, you can use special conductors that are designed to distribute the current more evenly throughout the conductor. Or you can use multiple conductors in parallel, which can help to reduce the concentration of the current on the outer layers.

So there you have it, folks. The skin effect is a real problem for audio quality, but there are ways to overcome it and improve the sound of your music. So if you want to make your audio sound the best it can be, be sure to consider the skin effect and take steps to mitigate it. Believe me, it will make a big difference.

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Uh oh:

1670291563681.png

Newman

Major Contributor
“Write a harsh critique of expensive audio cables”

It is generally accepted within the audio industry that the price of a cable does not necessarily correspond to its performance or quality. In fact, many experts and audio enthusiasts believe that expensive audio cables offer little to no improvement in sound quality over more affordable options. Some even argue that the high price of these cables is simply a result of marketing and branding, rather than any inherent superiority in their design or construction. Ultimately, the decision to purchase an expensive audio cable should be based on personal preference and individual listening experiences, rather than the price tag alone.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I kind of feel sorry for the typical audio reviewer if this catches on. I'm not sure those guys know how to do anything useful.

Top Bottom