• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emotiva launched new generation of BasX amplifiers

Perfect_pint

Just a quick update. I purchased a Emotiva A3 and after 2 months of use it's is fantastic pair with my Emotiva T2+ and C2+. Much more dynamic and clear vocals from the centre. Also, more power going to the surrounds is noticeable which was a surprise.

Reactions: wje

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would rather get Monolith by Monoprice much better quality!
I bought a M1060C and the build was crap, screws loosing out, I was forced to return it (and was not cheap).
So beeing for me the 1st thing I bougth from them, I would not go for an amp if they can not make an headphone.

I have a basX-a-100 (more than 3 years, bougth as 2nd hand) and is great for what I use it, desktop amp.

EGrunt

Emotiva no thank you, unethical company!
Please expand on your comment please. Over the years I had 2 Emotiva amps (XPA-2 and XPA-3) both Gen 1 amps with no issues. I sold the XPA-2 and still have the XPA-3. No issues at all.

Kimbrough Xu

Emotiva just launched new generation of BasX (class A/B) amplifiers.

2-channel: BasX A2 Stereo Amplifier for US$450
3-channel: BasX A3 Three-Channel Power Amplifier for US$500
4-channel: BasX A4 Four-Channel Power Amplifier for US$500
5-channel: BasX A5 Five-Channel Power Amplifier for US$600
7-channel: BasX A7 Seven-Channel Power Amplifier for US$700

From manual:
View attachment 123293

Video overview:

These replace the previous generation:
- BasX A-100 (Amir's review here. Not recommended).
- BasX A-500 (Amir's review here. Recommended).

Discuss!
For the 3 channel amplifier, it has 3 inputs for the 3 channels, how can I connect it to my CD?

AllanMarcus

For the 3 channel amplifier, it has 3 inputs for the 3 channels, how can I connect it to my CD?
you need a preamp! If you connect you CD directly to the A3 you will get your music an 100% volume.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing against Emotiva, but I wish they specified distortion at a sane level that might actually happen, like 1W or 5W. Some of us don't listen at 120dB continuously. Must be getting old.

Kimbrough Xu

you need a preamp! If you connect you CD directly to the A3 you will get your music an 100% volume.Ye

Yes, I know I need a preamp, the A3 doesn't have a volume control.

But how do I connect to the 3 inputs of A3, my RCA cable just has 2 outputs.

Megaken

Yes, I know I need a preamp, the A3 doesn't have a volume control.

But how do I connect to the 3 inputs of A3, my RCA cable just has 2 outputs.
If you have only 2 channels you connect it to amp input #1 and #3. You skip the middle.

But A3 is for setups with a left speaker, right speaker, and center speaker - so you'd have 3 RCAs.

Top Bottom