• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emotiva Basx TA2 or any other Amplifier

Mayhem_Metal

Hi
I have been using the Nad 356 on a custom design towers with 12" woofers.
Never really required a Sub as Nad is a beast at 80 watts. Unfortunately to many technical issues and components seems to be loose on the circuit board. Time to let go.

Upgrade to
1 Emotiva Basx TA2
2 Roksan K3
3 Rega elicit-r
All these amps are powerful on paper and good quality as per whatever I read and reviews. In India \ Mumbai it's difficult to get a demo. My taste has been all kind
of Music Metal to Jazz Pop to classic to Opera everything.
Top quality audiophile sound is very important at the same time being a bass player with lots of PA system at home power is all the more important.
I was lucky could demo the Cambridge CXA81 demo in various outlets sound was fabulous but lack the power. Amp looks beautiful too.
I will be able to demo the Sugden A21 but not convinced about the power. Some review said Pure Class A amplifier equals to 150 watts. Is it so ? I am not going lower than 80 watts.
I am inclined to Emtoiva as my close buddy is using the UPA 2 for more than 10 years with no issues and power. The sound is fabulous.

I sure you guys have the above product and your input on your amp would help me decide. Request please guide me with your suggestion what would be the AMP.

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Clay

OP
M

Mayhem_Metal

Hi
Just wanted to add what the kind of gear I use
1 Vinyl Technics MK2 with Ortofon connected to Shitt Mani 2
2 Digital just bought Ifi Neo stream (what a gem of a piece) Vinyl lost the battle finally
3 Sony SACD

Speakers custom design sealed enclosure 12inch woofers. Sound is very punchy in the bass. Trust me sealed enclosure has its advantages

Thanks
Clay

LRL

Did you purchase the TA2? If so how would you rate it?

Top Bottom