• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emotiva BasX TA1 Info?

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm looking for a replacement stereo receiver for my son. The TA1 seems to have a good feature list, as we want a built-in phono preamp and a tuner. But I haven't been able to find much in the way of a meaningful review, and Emotiva reviews in general seem to indicate a wide variety in the quality of their products. Any/ all thoughts are are welcome.

Other sources are a Bluenode and a CD player with a Toslink out.

Thanks in advance.

diablo

Forum Donor
I saw a couple of YouTube reviews of the TA1 whilst I was checking out reviews for their BAS-X amplifiers. Seemed quite good from what I remember. For example -

I might get critisised for linking to Darko, but who cares eh? :D

I bought the 5 channel BAS-X amp and it now powers the centre speaker and four Atmos speakers in my cinema set-up. I'm pleased with it. I looked inside it and it seemed well made with some decent quality components. :)

Last edited:

GunDogDad

I’ve had mine for about 3 months now and I love it. If I had to find anything to gripe about, it would have to be that I could use a couple more analog inputs. I picked up a Schiit Sys passive preamp to add one. I was just streaming from Qobuz through my iPhone and it was crazy good. My old CDs through my Rotel CD14 sound as though they were remastered! Runs cool and setup is a breeze, too.

OP
BlackTalon

BlackTalon

Forum Donor
Thanks! I got the bullet and ordered one last week. Have a Node, a CD player and a TT hooked up to it. Its been great so far. The only issues I've had are setting the FM stations and selecting a station to listen to -- both are cumbersome. The old 'T' antenna is not coax so I temporarily installed the provided FM antenna wire; it barely pulls in stations. I need to source an adapter if get a new antenna.

GunDogDad

Nice! I ordered a used Node 2i, myself... pinching pennies, ya know? That’s how I came across the TA1 to begin with! Best of luck with it.

OP
BlackTalon

BlackTalon

Forum Donor
Been pretty happy with this so far. It blows the 1984 Onkyo receiver out of tbe water.

Top Bottom