• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
says a lot about things when the price has exactly doubled in two years and it looks like they have 'cost reduced' some components.

to my mind both of these are weird devices... you want a power amp but you want a vol. ctrl. AND you want a headphone jack... oh and you only need 50w class ab because class d is too weird for you!

i think one of the Chinese amps of TPA or better chipset would probably show this one up?

Kegemusha

My old basX A-100 that I use in desktop setup has developed a noise on the right channel, the issue is the amp, I can hear it clearly in headphones and little bit less on speakers. So time to change it soon, I bought it 2nd but still my old smsl q5 pro that is like more than 7 years old and used for the kids TV has no strange audible noises.
This basx A-100 is from around 2017? and is getting already bad.

mr.at

My old basX A-100 that I use in desktop setup has developed a noise on the right channel, the issue is the amp, I can hear it clearly in headphones and little bit less on speakers. So time to change it soon, I bought it 2nd but still my old smsl q5 pro that is like more than 7 years old and used for the kids TV has no strange audible noises.
This basx A-100 is from around 2017? and is getting already bad.
There is a warm-up time this amp has. You think the chips are too cold for them to sound as such? You give it some time to warm up?

diggis_tennis

i was thinking about buying an emotiva but skipped it.. although they their products seem to have good reviews

Kegemusha

There is a warm-up time this amp has. You think the chips are too cold for them to sound as such? You give it some time to warm up?
Yes of course, is a kind of dust sound coming from the left speaker now and then, it did not happen some days ago, I can hear it clearly all the time with headphones now. So I changed amp to an older one and noise gone.

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
Welp mine seems to have taken a dump, scratching noises in the left channel. Might be time to get the Aayima ;)

buzwork

Welp mine seems to have taken a dump, scratching noises in the left channel. Might be time to get the Aayima ;)

Well that's a drag :(

My pair is still kicking and got some new speakers to power. 4 new Revel M8 (replacing Boston Acoustics CS23) for surround duty. Hopefully they continue to do their job for years to come.

Top Bottom