• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

emotional female vocals

kongwee

Major Contributor
That $150k 300B amp with $150k horn sound really nice on vocal subjectively better than modern class D amp and FR speaker.

AudiOhm

what are the most emotional female vocals and why?
I think "emotional" would depend on the song they are singing.

Ohms

Triliza

Forum Donor
portuguese music?
Madredeus is a nice portugese band with fado elements on their music. Did you had something like this in mind, your original question is a little bit too broad, most songs convey emotions, people get in tears with operas:

Or do you mean something more like Portishead:

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Amazing @diddley . Love her work. Shame not all of it is available on Spotify.

Canto for instance, with this beauty.

radix

Major Contributor
Yes. Fado is a Portuguese music genre.

Listen to this entire album at least three times.

Is this the kind of emotional vocals you seek?
Yea, I was going to say Cristina Branco, another fado singer.

unpluggged

This kind of a question prompts for non-serious answers. And it depends on which kind of emotions one refers to.

One might argue this would be dramatic coloratura soprano singing Mozart's Queen of the Night, another time it could be a good coloratura contralto or mezzo singing Handel's "Ombra mai fu". Another emotional part (for me) is "Armatae face et anguibus" from Vivaldi's "Juditha Triumphans"...

At other times there are pop or rock ballads that make me emotional, or world, folk or jazz music that can give me some solid goosebumps.

So it's not about voice type or style, but about the message and the skill that is being involved.

Top Bottom