• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emoji Movie

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I can just imagine a bunch of 60 something studio execs green lit a movie called "Emoji" thinking it must be what young people want. I have not seen the movie but as soon as I heard the name on the TV commercial, I knew it would be an awful attempt. And it seems that way: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/28/entertainment/emoji-movie-rotten-tomatoes/index.html

'Emoji Movie' barely escapes 0% on Rotten Tomatoes

For a minute, it looked like "The Emoji Movie" would be the latest to join the dreaded Rotten Tomatoes 0% fresh club.

But as of Friday, one critic gave the animated children's film, which follows the lives of the bright emoticons living in smartphones, a warm review.
Sort of.

"Positive messages, but colorful adventure is only 'meh,'" Betsy Bozdech of Common Sense Media wrote with her tepid tomato, commending the story as kid-friendly but "not particularly original."

The poor reception is not good news for the $50 million movie and its big-name cast, including James Corden, Anna Faris, T.J. Miller and Maya Rudolph. "The Emoji Movie" debuts head-to-head at the box office this weekend with Charlize Theron's action flick "Atomic Blonde" and faces competition from "Dunkirk" and "Girls Trip."

Top Bottom