• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emdrive fails tests.....conventional physics works

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a35991457/emdrive-thruster-fails-tests/

If you had plans of sending your grand kids to alpha centauri using the Emdrive to power colonizing ships, you had better change those plans.

Three new papers resulting from experimentation on the Emdrive concept show how previous apparent positive thrust measurements were wrong. They confirm no thrust generated down to 3 or 4 orders of magnitude lower than the thrust measured previously. Darn it!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
So, a kid pulled apart a microwave oven, stuck the magnetron through a hole in the side of a copper pail/bucket and dressed it up with some random bits of stuff for his science competition entry, and NASA took notice? :facepalm:

1617269345433.png

Velocity, not velosity.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you guys miss the main point here

"After many iterations, we developed an inverted counterbalanced double pendulum thrust balance, where the thruster can be mounted on a bearing below its suspension point to eliminate most thermal drift effects. "

This will surely revolutionize the audiophile speaker stand market!

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

"After many iterations, we developed an inverted counterbalanced double pendulum thrust balance, where the thruster can be mounted on a bearing below its suspension point to eliminate most thermal drift effects. "

I thought a double pendulum described a golfer swinging a golf club.

GeorgeWalk

They need a new Retro Encabulator

Top Bottom