• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Email preferences don't seem to be working

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wanted to disable email notifications for new messages and stuff, but it does not seem to work. I unset the correct options in the preferences: "Receive news and update emails", "Receive email when a new conversation message is received". But I still get emails. Waited a few days to propagate, tried again.. no change. Any idea?

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I wanted to disable email notifications for new messages and stuff, but it does not seem to work. I unset the correct options in the preferences: "Receive news and update emails", "Receive email when a new conversation message is received". But I still get emails. Waited a few days to propagate, tried again.. no change. Any idea?

Yeah, there may be a long, long lag before the new settings start to work(?)... I think I just blocked any incoming mails automatically through my end so I don’t get those anymore.

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, there may be a long, long lag before the new settings start to work(?)... I think I just blocked any incoming mails automatically through my end so I don’t get those anymore.

More than a couple of day’s seems suspect. There mails are send almost in real time, I don’t see a reason why the setting would not work in real time as well.

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The link in the email message to disable emails from ASR might have done the trick.. I'll update here once I can confirm (in parallel I also made a rule to bin these mails, so not 100% sure ;))

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like that did it :) So for anyone having the problems: just use the link in the email to unsubscribe!

Top Bottom