• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Skeptischism

But on a still experimental, but more traditionally electro/house vibe, the master, John Tejada

Last edited:

Skeptischism

i'll have to think about that @weasels. i'm sure I can scratch that itch. i'll tag you when I post my response. for now, one of my favorite electronic albums of the year, on a quality label

Katji

Major Contributor
Anyone have any recommendations for music similar to Kruder & Dorfmeister? I'm a sucker for electronica over bossa nova beats, etc.
I dunno, search for Trip Hop, maybe try adding Dub.
A major influence, sometimes I hear a tracks in a mix that remind me of K&D, and sometimes it is.
...I see I have 2 ripped, I wonder what happened with the others, mayve I didn't get to ripping them.../?

Deep House + Bossa Nova, I'm always looking...

Katji

Major Contributor
Old stalwart - downloads, Deep House on the Soulful slow jams side...SA his second home, mosty the one club in Pretoria...

1627742871730.png

Deep Inspiration Show 433 - Owen Jay (Batti Batti, Malta)

We are back with a guestmix by Owen Jay from Malta. Known for releases on labels like Underground Quality, Deep Explorer, Minuendo, Moods & Grooves, Contrast Wax, Housewax and on his own imprint Batti Batti. Not the first time you read this name hopefully. With this dope journey we celebrate his new album together with Melchior Sultana which just came out as Double 12" and digital called "Dream Landscape". Much fun with the 2 hours journey.
Full playlist you can find on the website: www.deepinspirationshow.de

https://soundcloud.com/jazzman%2Fdeep-inspiration-show-433-guestmix-by-owen-jay-batti-batti-malta

sifi36

First post from a long time lurker. Arrived here when researching for a DAC and headphone amplifier and I am grateful for the work done here to demystify the cult of audiophilia. Despite my gratitude, there appears to be a distinct lack of DNB in this thread. Surely I can’t be the only one listening to it? A few suggestions:

Katji

Major Contributor
First post from a long time lurker. Arrived here when researching for a DAC and headphone amplifier and I am grateful for the work done here to demystify the cult of audiophilia. Despite my gratitude, there appears to be a distinct lack of DNB in this thread. Surely I can’t be the only one listening to it? A few suggestions:
My Soundcloud feed is full of it...I hardly ever listen to it nowadays, but...Soundcloud, no way to do batch stuff or anything with the Following list, so I just have to scroll past them...I've sometimes thought of it, what to do - I wish I could save them all in a list [record labels, mainly] so I could unfollow them and then add them back when I eventually want them again.
I have about 10-12 CDs from 1999-2001, then got back to it a couple years ago.
It sure doesn't go away, Jungle seems to be a thing now too.

It shows up in mixes - I listen to mostly 99% mixes.....right now while i was typing, dnb beats/pattern showed in this:

1628436523981.png

1628436628256.png

First 15 minutes of 60, quite nice, i'm leaving it going... i'm gonna turn up the volume...

https://soundcloud.com/deephouse-tehran%2Ftehran-night-314-bufobufo

PS: @b4nt , good example of Electro there starting just before 19:00 ...[I think...]

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
pop it on and thank me later. I've been waiting for this for months. Epic ambient experimental electro psychedelica
Why I like mixes, with mixes of subgenres...some ambient and experimental can be put in it, but when the whole thing is ambient or experimental, no,...can't handle it....more than a few minutes I have to take refuge in deep house groove/chug. :)

Top Bottom