• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

donpachi

I'm the operator with my pocket calculator, cause it's more fun to compute and whatnot...

Axo1989

Major Contributor
New from another artist who identifies as alphanumeric soup. After throwing out all the vowels, she does some nice breakbeat-y stir-fry here.

https://soundcloud.com/3l3d3p%2Fdrt

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Btw I didn't think anyone would invoke Dark Bells here, not quite electronic but what the hell:

... we get to see Teneil (aka HAAi) looking very Aussie and I get to feel nostalgic about my 20s.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Yeh, some people are thorough about it, they get everything on their page/profile, but others don't bother so much. i.e. they follow everything that publishes any of their stuff, so it shows up on their page.
And then I spend ages scrolling down to find it, until I give up and use the search.

tbh, I spent too much time on Ben Bohmer's page, imagining that it might be "intelligent EDM", like deliberate cliche, then realised that I had just imagined it. :rolleyes:

Katji

Major Contributor
not quite electronic but what the hell:
Sometimes I disrupt the main thread by sticking electronic in it. ...or some gross hip-hop. Either they play it by accident, for a few seconds, and are disgusted, or they might like it. Long shot, but who knows.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
... tbh, I spent too much time on Ben Bohmer's page, imagining that it might be "intelligent EDM", like deliberate cliche, then realised that I had just imagined it. :rolleyes:

Remixes are interesting, sometimes you discover the re-mixed original artist is pretty good, sometimes the talent is in the re-mixing artist/DJ. Sometimes both.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps my favorite song of all time:

Breakbeat hardcore that strays over into jazz.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Not an album but a YouTube channel that uploads mixes of selected artists, this one with Best of Kiasmos is rather good, lots of other good mixes on their channel as well.

donpachi

Something different this time around, Ligeti's etude 'Devil's Staircase' (in)famous for its difficulty, kind of 'The True Last Boss' of classical/contemporary music:

Why post it here? In 2002 Autechre released a track titled 'Dial.' which sounds eerily similar. Maybe a coincidence, but on the other hand around that time Autechre music became academic and abstract.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
More blast from the past

I was far too old to be a proper raver, and in the wrong country too, since I like the UK stuff the best. I didn't discover it until about 2000, either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom