• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Black Coffee [south african outfit?] - Ready for you

Katji

Major Contributor
Black Coffee [south african outfit?]
So is the one in the previous post, Oscar Mbo.

Black Coffee...got into the DJ/producer millionaire category a while back. Ibiza and so on. Did some stadium extravaganza with symphony orchestra + light show.

Katji

Major Contributor
04177 Records

Bajazo - A Dialog That Needs Your Attention (incl. Remixes)​

#Leipzig
................(gets hashtag because they [Bajazo+Lootbeg+associates] do good stuff, and some good cover art/photos. ...and they didn't move to Berlin...) :)

Lindenau011 the second Remix EP from Bajazo with Artists/Friends from his hometown Leipzig and of course from around the world.
Glad to have you all in one.
Best, Franz
Cat: Lindenau011
Release: 27.5.2022
Artists:
@maxcaesar
@datskobeats
@jakg_d
@the-little-lake
@optimus-rap
@BAJAZO
Artwork: @BAJAZO
Mastering: @philyp-lootbeg

https://soundcloud.com/04177records%2Flindenau011

Reactions: 001

Axo1989

Major Contributor
and one from Ada Rook (you may know her from Black Dresses)

... on Apple Music but not Bandcamp, interesting. Apple reckons it's dance, also interesting (I'd go with noise pop/electro-industrial).

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
#House

artworks-wokICJpCDRvvARg3-FBjV4w-t500x500.jpg

Free Download https://hypeddit.com/track/786kb3

https://soundcloud.com/vinpostega%2Fredbone-vin-postega-edit
1653423063778.png

Vin Postéga
House DJ/Producer
It started all at the age of 14 with playing records in his bedroom on his first DJ Controller, after he found his DJ set more interesting than his guitar. It became more serious over the years, with the first small parties in local bars. Vin grew up and developed himself over the years and started to play in clubs in the East of Holland. Vin wanted more and decided to start making music by himself and he got admitted to the Herman Brood Academy for the study as dance producer. He moved to Utrecht for the academy and started also playing in Amsterdam, the city where he lives at the moment.
His interest and passion for House, Disco, Soul and Jazz is recognizable in his sets, which are full of grooves and vocal hooks.

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^I was thinking about the snippets thing on SoundCloud...and here we go again...

1653474643864.png

...And this time I will go to learn more. afaik, I've never seen that msg/link before. I only know it's the big corporate distribution companies that cause it and I have to go to Youtube if I really want to hear it.
[Did I ever mention that I dislike big corporate record companies like I did since forever, and...]

Attachments

• 1653474480129.png
    1653474480129.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 44

Katji

Major Contributor
Shall Not Fade
Holloway - Into the 00's EP

1653479602403.png

Edition of 300 vinyl:
shallnotfade.bandcamp.com/album/into-the-00s-ep

Two years after his label debut, Holloway returns to the Time Is Now catalogue with four tracks which, whilst all offering a taste of nostalgia, do so in diverse ways, making it a release at once multifarious and holistic.

Since the release of ‘Some Days’ EP back in June 2020, Holloway has gone from strength to strength. A monthly Balamii residency; releases on Earful of Wax and Bluff Records; and a wicked contribution to our first All Stars compilation have seen the London producer harness a distinct sound somewhere between soulful atmospherics and club-ready ruffage.

The title track on this EP is a succinct embodiment of this dualism. Luring you in is a wistful ambience which harks back to the blissed-out atmospherics of early iterations of D’n’B with a complex tapestry of guitar twangs and reverberating instrumentals that you can get lost in. This, nonetheless, is not long before the jazz-tinged skippy two-step drums come into their full force, bolstered by a rude bassline that adds another layer of depth. ‘Destiny’ follows suit. Syrup-smooth vocals which ooze nostalgia tickle the soul before a warped bass line adds a layer of ruffage and situates the track firmly within a club playlist.

The B-side takes things up a notch. ‘Ode to Shakeys’ is a dynamic, skippy speed garage banger whilst the aptly-named ‘Hypnotiq’ is a meditative take on jungle, peppered with tickles of piano and saxophone that evoke the sporadic nature of free jazz. The perfect closer.

Into the 00’s EP drops 24th June 2022.

https://soundcloud.com/shallnotfade%2Ftin034-holloway-into-the-00s-ep

600_OHM

I'm old school - mostly 2000's female vocal trance. But I prefer a somewhat more mature sounding vocalists.

The usual stuff from OceanLab, Above & Beyond, and anything Tiesto or Armin van Buuren featuring Justine Suissa, or any of the other original stars. Too many to list.

We've all seen some vids, many just slapped together, but I like this one from a fan:

Crank it up. With your best pair of cans to this oldie but goodie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 001

600_OHM

A trick I play for my "classically trained audiophile" friends.

I'll run Tiesto and Adagio-for-strings past them, and watch their body for signs of uncontrollable movement.

AHA! So you LIKE this! Here's a glowstick for your ride home!

Suddenly, my snobby friends were never the same. :)

Axo1989

Major Contributor
^^^I was thinking about the snippets thing on SoundCloud...and here we go again...

View attachment 208792

...And this time I will go to learn more. afaik, I've never seen that msg/link before. I only know it's the big corporate distribution companies that cause it and I have to go to Youtube if I really want to hear it.
[Did I ever mention that I dislike big corporate record companies like I did since forever, and...]
Sorry that one didn't work, I guess Soundcloud does regional licensing too. I sometime get 'not available in your region' on YouTube videos posted here, I guess it's unavoidable.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Shall Not Fade
Holloway - Into the 00's EP

View attachment 208804
Edition of 300 vinyl:
shallnotfade.bandcamp.com/album/into-the-00s-ep

Two years after his label debut, Holloway returns to the Time Is Now catalogue with four tracks which, whilst all offering a taste of nostalgia, do so in diverse ways, making it a release at once multifarious and holistic.

Since the release of ‘Some Days’ EP back in June 2020, Holloway has gone from strength to strength. A monthly Balamii residency; releases on Earful of Wax and Bluff Records; and a wicked contribution to our first All Stars compilation have seen the London producer harness a distinct sound somewhere between soulful atmospherics and club-ready ruffage.

The title track on this EP is a succinct embodiment of this dualism. Luring you in is a wistful ambience which harks back to the blissed-out atmospherics of early iterations of D’n’B with a complex tapestry of guitar twangs and reverberating instrumentals that you can get lost in. This, nonetheless, is not long before the jazz-tinged skippy two-step drums come into their full force, bolstered by a rude bassline that adds another layer of depth. ‘Destiny’ follows suit. Syrup-smooth vocals which ooze nostalgia tickle the soul before a warped bass line adds a layer of ruffage and situates the track firmly within a club playlist.

The B-side takes things up a notch. ‘Ode to Shakeys’ is a dynamic, skippy speed garage banger whilst the aptly-named ‘Hypnotiq’ is a meditative take on jungle, peppered with tickles of piano and saxophone that evoke the sporadic nature of free jazz. The perfect closer.

Into the 00’s EP drops 24th June 2022.

https://soundcloud.com/shallnotfade%2Ftin034-holloway-into-the-00s-ep
That was great, I was in the mood for some jungle and didn't know it :)

Katji

Major Contributor
That was great, I was in the mood for some jungle and didn't know it :)
! :D ahahahah! That's like what I thought. For the past year or so, I've skipped all the dnb/jungle in my feed.....I can't remember why I actually clicked on that one. Then my impression was that it's like "neo-dnb/jungle", not the usual cliches.

Sorry that one didn't work, I guess Soundcloud does regional licensing too. I sometime get 'not available in your region' on YouTube videos posted here, I guess it's unavoidable.
The Soundcloud "Learn more" was quite useless. I know it's any artist/label that's distributed by Sony/Warner/UMG/BMG. ...I wonder why it's done by or on Soundcloud but not on Youtube. (Although there are a few instances on Youtube that show up here.)

Katji

Major Contributor
A trick I play for my "classically trained audiophile" friends.

I'll run Tiesto and Adagio-for-strings past them, and watch their body for signs of uncontrollable movement.

AHA! So you LIKE this! Here's a glowstick for your ride home!
:) I started with hearing a remix of a Madonna [Ray Of Light] track in the car one night. ...Sasha..[?] ...which led to William Orbit's version of Adagio for Strings...and then we got more classical music.

Top Bottom