• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elections and voting (in general) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
“Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws.”
~ Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Low voter turnout and political apathy; could it be that the name of the party in charge changes, but the policies dont?

TankTop

Michigan is leaning Biden, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina are likely to go to Trump. That means the entire race is down to Nevada. Nevada announced they will not give any updates until Thursday morning. Nevada currently has 67% of the vote counted with Biden leading by 7,647 votes. Nevada will not get much of a mail in ballot boost which means its a toss up with any odds within the margin of error.

Vasr

Major Contributor
One thing I know for sure. The entire US election infrastructure for counting runs on Microsoft Windows. It is just like the Windows updates that zip along to 96% complete and just hangs there forever with zero feedback.

Or Windows on their computers decided to auto update itself while the counting was going and now everyone has to wait.

OP
L5730

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One thing I know for sure. The entire US election infrastructure for counting runs on Microsoft Windows. It is just like the Windows updates that zip along to 96% complete and just hangs there forever with zero feedback.

Or Windows on their computers decided to auto update itself while the counting was going and now everyone has to wait.
Kind of like putting UK covid track and trace details in an excel spreadsheet, and then looking confused as to why a few thousand disappeared off the bottom. :facepalm:

Looks like some ballots have been found knocking around the postal sorting office floor or tucked behind a radiator or something. Someone told them they had a deadline of last night to do a sweep and find any 'lost' ballots. The postal service seemed to say that was an impossible deadline. They found some now. It's like a freakin' comedy sketch.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Never seen such a comedy drama as the US elections this year. But Mr. T as dramaqueen is a realy great cast *applaus*.

Edit says: My suggestion for the new Mr. T Song.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The only thing that is certain is confusion and conflict.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I hope it doesn't turn into a legal horror show in court. That's the last thing the US needs.

Oh, it likely will. But that's ok...

Either way the top job goes, both sides got a bit of a needed smackdown imo. Nobody got a tidal wave indicating radical change is around *this" corner at least. Senate isn't changing hands, House isn't changing hands, no radical changes on the state level, so a lot more is staying the same than will be changing.

Maybe they can learn to stop demonizing each other as if they are in a holy war, realize that very few of us in the real world resemble the real life caricatures our leaders too often do (on both sides), and actually listen to each other a little better.

I'm an optimist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom