• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ELAC Unifi Reference teasers

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Exciting, i love the look of the debut Reference. These are the logical step up from debut Reference and are nipping at the heels of the big boys over the pond (KEF). Shame they dont do a larger floorstander with 6.5-8" woofers for a more full range solution, that 5" floorstander will still need subs IMO

eddantes

Lazy marketing people! All that drama music and hero shots and then this... I know, I know... But as someone that used to work in the Ad industry decades ago, this is a bit jarring.

1623069820813.png

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Keithdd

Steve and the cheap audio man put their reviews out at the same time and make more or less identical subjective judgements. Even down to Kef LS50 comparisons. Elac obviously happy to give both an advance set, knowing they are generally very positive towards Andrew Jones' designs. Will be interesting to see how they measure compared to the 5.2s and dbr62s, this being a sort of combination of both.

Honken

Not entirely sold on their new looks, nor their new suggested pricing. I am looking forward to seein them measured however!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It has reference in the name, so it has to be great. Looks like a classed up DBR62. $1k isn't outrageous.

More Dynamics Please

Another interesting point is that Elac rates the maximum power input for the UBR62 at 140 watts which just happens to be the same power rating Kali cites for the active IN-8.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Ahhhh so close to being perfect to what I want - except it has port on front, not rear/bottom

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So many speakers measured with front port show port resonance in the measurements, that don't show with rear ported (when measured from the front of course).

I wouldnt worry about that on its own. The Focal Aria 906 and Neumann KH80 show no port mess at all despite a front port, so it definitely isn't an innate issue to front ports. All depends on the implementation.

Top Bottom