• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elac Uni-fi 2.0 announced

boselover61

I think that is the point. They put all the money inside the speaker and did as little as possible with the cosmetics.
I guess we will see. I really do hope they measure well. But they need at least a walnut option like the reference line.

Fredrickj

Audio Company
how about for operas and classical, the Uni-Fi 2.0 or DBR62? I have the latter but might exchange them.
That’s a good question after living w both for some time now. If you play white noise through both the Reference n Unifi 2 the Reference is much darker. In fact it’s very hard to try to match volume level between the two (each pair on separate preamp n amp) because the Reference sounds so different on white noise. If i listened to mainly to classical opera, I go with the References. It’s a bigger, warmer sound If I had to live to live w just the Unifi, I’d go with the floor standing model. The Unifi’s have a more detailed midrange but don’t sound as full as the References.

Top Bottom