• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elac Tower Speakers Recommended?

dualimas

Hello everyone, beginner here looking for some opinions. Due to ASR recommendations I got myself the DBR62 s a few weeks ago and I absolutely love them. Now I'm looking to complete my hifi/ht setup (already have the DCR52 Center) with either another pair of Dbr62 s or the tower speaker DFR 52.

However I can't seem to find any measurements online apart from this one, from a youtube review so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

My question is whether anyone knows anything about these or has experience with them or whether I can expect the same quality from these as from the DBR62 s as they are from the same line.
The only times I've heard these mentioned was on another thread questioning if it was worth to get these compared to Dbr62 since according to Elac they hardly go lower (42hz compared to 44) though I do love the look of these towers.
As I've said, anything you guys know would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks
(edit, posted in this sub again, perhaps makes more sense here)

Screenshot_20210126-121455.jpg

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
OP
D

dualimas

DFR52 tower was measured by stereo.de
View attachment 108688
There does seem to be a dip around 200hz in this semi-anechoic(?) measurement that matches the in-room measurements that you found.

There was some discussion of the towers on the bookshelf thread. So take a look there as well:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...5/&q=dfr52&t=post&c[thread]=12232&o=relevance
Thanks. From the review I saw on youtube it apparently was confirmed by Andrew Jones that the dip at 200hz is a room dependant floor bounce. Now I don't know enough to know what exactly that is but apparently it can be fixed.

panaj3

DFR52 tower was measured by stereo.de
View attachment 108688
There does seem to be a dip around 200hz in this semi-anechoic(?) measurement that matches the in-room measurements that you found.

There was some discussion of the tower speakers on the bookshelf thread. So take a look there as well:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...5/&q=dfr52&t=post&c[thread]=12232&o=relevance
ELAC shows a balanced frequency response, especially axial, and this is the reason I tilt a little. The lower limit frequency is 45 Hertz, an average efficiency at 83 dB. Impedances are not critical and kind, the step response (time) is very good and the spectrum of distortion is extraordinary.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
ELAC shows a balanced frequency response, especially axial, and this is the reason I tilt a little. The lower limit frequency is 45 Hertz, an average efficiency at 83 dB. Impedances are not critical and kind, the step response (time) is very good and the spectrum of distortion is extraordinary.
Welcome Aboard @panaj3.

Top Bottom