• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ELAC DS-A101 Streaming Amplifier?

deniall83

Does anyone have any thoughts on this product?

https://www.elac.com/series/discovery/ds-a101-g/

Seems to be just what I'm looking for. 80wpc into 4 ohms, Roon Ready, DSP, sub out, 2 analog inputs etc. What HiFi wasn't impressed with the sound and that's the only review I can find. They are about as useful as tits on a bull though so I was hoping someone here had heard it. Looking to pair with Debut Reference speakers.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone have any thoughts on this product?

https://www.elac.com/series/discovery/ds-a101-g/

Seems to be just what I'm looking for. 80wpc into 4 ohms, Roon Ready, DSP, sub out, 2 analog inputs etc. What HiFi wasn't impressed with the sound and that's the only review I can find. They are about as useful as tits on a bull though so I was hoping someone here had heard it. Looking to pair with Debut Reference speakers.
Heard it at the RMAF and really liked the combination with the new Debut Ref stand mounts.
Search the YouTube RMAF for Debut Reference speakers and Andrew mentions it there as well.

Edit: It was Recently heavily discounted to the $400 range I believe.

Panelhead

Forum Donor
The pictures look nice. There may be technical or marketing reasons why the digital inputs omit USB. Seems to be a real streaming amplifier.
Discounted price looks more inline to me. Specs look average for low cost Class D.
I really wanted to see ELAC to succeed at bringing high quality products to market. At a very reasonable pricing structure. Their goals may not have matched my expectations.
The amount of product they have released in 3 - 4 years has been overwhelming to me. From two small stand mount speakers to today’s catalog.

Panelhead

Forum Donor
Great review of the EA model. Did a quick search and did not see the either available for 400.00. The DRC function elevates both IMHO.
The review shows the DRC works properly, limited range on frequency and amplitude.
Good to see these are Class H. Never knew the technology used by the BASH products. It is getting where the size and efficiency are converging.

Tim6622

I had the ea101-eq amplifier and it did not sound good to me with elacs debut b6.2 and unifi uf5 . My Icepower250a amp pushes both speakers much better imo and so did a cheap 250w class d amp (l7-48 hiyy?)

Top Bottom