• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elac Debut Reference vs B6.2

Hi!
If anyone here has owned both of these, could you please compare and contrast?

I own the B6.2 and ideally the Reference would:

-Expand the "sweet spot" in a tangible noticeable way, lush more expansive soundstage
- More accurate/focused midrange/bass
- Slightly less fatiguing/bright at the top of it
- Not looking for any more bass, had plenty with the B6.2+sub
- And most importantly: make my wife not look at me crazy for swapping out speakers
(Because lets face it. Selling the B6.2s = me still shelling out $450 or so on the reference speakers)

Thanks and apologies in advance!

Fuzziekiwi

Hi!
If anyone here has owned both of these, could you please compare and contrast?

I own the B6.2 and ideally the Reference would:

-Expand the "sweet spot" in a tangible noticeable way, lush more expansive soundstage
- More accurate/focused midrange/bass
- Slightly less fatiguing/bright at the top of it
- Not looking for any more bass, had plenty with the B6.2+sub
- And most importantly: make my wife not look at me crazy for swapping out speakers
(Because lets face it. Selling the B6.2s = me still shelling out $450 or so on the reference speakers)

Thanks and apologies in advance!

I've auditioned both (not at the same time) and I'd say save your money.

If you live in America; Crutchfield has a nice return policy where you can try them for 60 days for only $10 in shipping total if you're getting that upgrade itch.

OP
T
Actually disagree!
Bought from crutchfield scratch and dent and was ready to use that 60 day return policy and ended up keeping.

Fuzziekiwi

Actually disagree!
Bought from crutchfield scratch and dent and was ready to use that 60 day return policy and ended up keeping.

Nice. I also ended up keeping mine ;)

I still have my original B6's but thought it wasn't worth upgrading to the 6.2 for $289 after spending almost that much on the B6's so I went for the reference for $530.

Fuzziekiwi

Actually disagree!

What are your thoughts between the two?

My buddy brought the 6.2 over for about an hour but that may not have been enough time with them.

Top Bottom