• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EL DAC vs SMSL SU-8 vs Topping D50

Looking for a DAC in the $200-$300 dollar range. If it could be balanced that would be great. So far i'm deciding between these 3 DAC's (EL DAC vs SMSL SU-8 vs Topping D50). I'm going to be pairing it with either my Schiit Jotunheim or my Massdrop THX 789. Between these 3 DAC's which is best? Feel free to recommend any others within the given price range.

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I had that query once, they seem to measure marginally different to a negligible point.

Therefore, it's best to go with the one you're comfortable with: ergonomically, features wise, support wise, etc...

I just know I'm going for the EL DAC if I had the choice but D50 if that device had as good customer support as JDS since it has more features (filters etc...).

OP
A
If they all sound about the same, then I guess i'm getting the SMSL since it's balanced and has a remote control....(remote control ftw). Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom