• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
While not denying the potential harms, I feel uncomfortable telling people they can't use drugs because someone somewhere had a bad reaction. It's really a matter for doctors, not law enforcement.
It’s a difficult one personal liberty v responsibility to society. For example if a man or woman is addicted to drink or drugs and unable to look after their kids, where does the choice lie? If other people on society have to bear the cost of bringing up the children is that right? Not to mention the damaging effect on the kids, this is much worse.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s a difficult one personal liberty v responsibility to society. For example if a man or woman is addicted to drink or drugs and unable to look after their kids, where does the choice lie? If other people on society have to bear the cost of bringing up the children is that right? Not to mention the damaging effect on the kids, this is much worse.
The problem with that argument is it can be said for gambling or many other common vices. I think it's a bad idea to outlaw any opportunities to evade personal responsibility.

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The problem with that argument is it can be said for gambling or many other common vices. I think it's a bad idea to outlaw any opportunities to evade personal responsibility.
ASR... probably fits that criteria... just ask the experts... Paul & Danny. Clown Cars on Fire imposing their "beliefs".

Last edited:

Adi777

cannabis is not physically addictive like most other substances, yes you might want it and get annoyed when you don have it, but your body doesnt care if you stop except having some trouble sleeping.
i find it funny when people sit there and empty beer after beer then starts to talk about cannabis "looser drug addicts" etc. alcohol is way worse in every way than cannabis.
I don't use any drags, alcohol, and cigarettes. I'm clean, and proud from myself.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR... probably fits that criteria... just ask the experts... Paul & Danny. Clown Cars on Fire imposing their "beliefs".
"ASR...proudly bad for your business!"

Attachments

• snakeoilman.jpg
    snakeoilman.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 34

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've seen research that suggests Marijuana may be detrimental to mental health, particularly in young people. There is also evidence of IQ loss with habitual use. I presume it is not without cost.

Alcohol, of course, is one of our greatest killers, and there's plenty of evidence of harm to both physical and mental health, as well as collateral damage to family

Now, just because one thing is really bad, that doesn't mean we should do another less bad thing. But there might be an argument for substitution (like vaping nicotine for smoking cigarettes). And, of course, I believe people can make that choice for themselves.

As I get older, I find I get less and less pleasure from alcohol, other than wine accompanying a good meal. My microdose experiments with edibles and dry-vaping (~5mg THC) have been *very* noticeable and enjoyable listening sessions, and I've slept very well afterwards. The logical conclusion is I should quit alcohol and keep to occasional MJ microdosing. Will I do that? Probably not.

Last edited:

TSB

That never worked for me, I just am unable to focus on the instruments and fall asleep. Not a weed person anyway.

People who are talking about how smoking a joint now and again will instantly make you a schizophrenic zombie are being silly though. Yes it's base if done too much, so is coffee, wine, sex, watching TV or reading ASR ;)

JanesJr1

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
The thing I remember most about smoking weed was after dragging a chair into the kitchen, my refrigerator and I became great friends...then I fell asleep

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The dose makes the poison, folks.

tuga

Major Contributor

So long as you do not invade other people's personal space/freedoms/physical or psychological integrity, don't finance organised crime, don't make me pay for treatments you may require in the future, vice away.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
That never worked for me, I just am unable to focus on the instruments and fall asleep. Not a weed person anyway.

People who are talking about how smoking a joint now and again will instantly make you a schizophrenic zombie are being silly though. Yes it's base if done too much, so is coffee, wine, sex, watching TV or reading ASR ;)
Who said ‘smoking a joint now and again will instantly make you a schizophrenic zombie?’ Long term heavy use of alcohol or cannabis will affect your health.

Chr1

Forum Donor
So long as you do not invade other people's personal space/freedoms/physical or psychological integrity, don't finance organised crime, don't make me pay for treatments you may require in the future, vice away.
Re paying for treatments : Should someone who ice climbs/snowboards/mountain bikes have to pay for hospital bills for their adrenaline addiction?

Helicopter rescues are pricey too.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
The problem is they would become a financial burden on the rest of us! Another point never mentioned with Cannabis is the increased change of getting Lung Cancer. Many want freedom of expression and the right to lead their lives as they wish. How many victims of substance abuse who become sick because of it refuse medical treatment because it’s self inflicted?

Chr1

Forum Donor
The problem is they would become a financial burden on the rest of us! Another point never mentioned with Cannabis is the increased change of getting Lung Cancer. Many want freedom of expression and the right to lead their lives as they wish. How many victims of substance abuse who become sick because of it refuse medical treatment because it’s self inflicted?
Kinda like folk who are into motor racing /extreme sports then?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Won't argue, but that applies to alcohol doubly. And drinking increases the risk of some cancers, too.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Re paying for treatments : Should someone who ice climbs/snowboards/mountain bikes have to pay for hospital bills for their adrenaline addiction?

Helicopter rescues are pricey too.
They should takeout insurance to cover the cost. Same with people who get tattoos, when the fashion for them ends, they will be claiming they should be removed as it’s affecting their mental health. Too many people have no sense of responsibility.

Top Bottom