• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edifier S2000 Pro Review (Powered Monitor)

Bust3r

I will be testing these out soon, is there a PEACE EQ setting that I can use for the MKIII's? I have seen them for Kali and other edifier speakers, having trouble finding something for these, maybe it doesnt exist.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I will be testing these out soon, is there a PEACE EQ setting that I can use for the MKIII's? I have seen them for Kali and other edifier speakers, having trouble finding something for these, maybe it doesnt exist.
Look at @Maiky76 post #6 in the thread for eq settings.

Bust3r

Look at @Maiky76 post #6 in the thread for eq settings.
Oh heck I have the wrong monitor. Not sure why I thought this thread was for the MKIII. Jumped the gun and clicked too soon, I actually need an EQ for the MKIII, if anyone knows of one I can use in PEACE

Bust3r

How did the tests go? I'm interested in mkiii as well
Sorry for the late reply! I came away really disappointed with the MKIII's. Completely subjective opinion here, the tweeters have a color to them that is is not for me. They were not very loud either and had no low end, so they went back.

regan

Sorry for the late reply! I came away really disappointed with the MKIII's. Completely subjective opinion here, the tweeters have a color to them that is is not for me. They were not very loud either and had no low end, so they went back.
Did you buy something else instead?

Bust3r

Did you buy something else instead?
I ended demoing some monitors at a couple of local music shops and walked out of there with a pair of Kali LP6 v2's. I thought they sounded fantastic compared to everything else (adam audio T7V, yamaha HS8, KFK 6" forget the model but the KFK sounded closest to the Kali if not slightly better imaging) and very little to no color in the mids and highs and has XLR connects so more of a TRUE monitor. The edifiers only have RCA but do have superior build quality, if not excessive. All the looks of serious speakers but no meat and potatoes per se, overwhelmingly weak for their size and weight. They are easily double the weight of the Kali's and IMO not speakers to get if you're looking for anything close to serious sound.

The setup I use is a Topping DX7pro DAC--->Audio GD Master19 amp--->Kali LP6 V2

regan

I ended demoing some monitors at a couple of local music shops and walked out of there with a pair of Kali LP6 v2's. I thought they sounded fantastic compared to everything else (adam audio T7V, yamaha HS8, KFK 6" forget the model but the KFK sounded closest to the Kali if not slightly better imaging) and very little to no color in the mids and highs and has XLR connects so more of a TRUE monitor. The edifiers only have RCA but do have superior build quality, if not excessive. All the looks of serious speakers but no meat and potatoes per se, overwhelmingly weak for their size and weight. They are easily double the weight of the Kali's and IMO not speakers to get if you're looking for anything close to serious sound.

The setup I use is a Topping DX7pro DAC--->Audio GD Master19 amp--->Kali LP6 V2
Very interesting. I was thinking about T7V but in the end i'm leaning towards the kali. Lp8v2 actually for a bit of extra bass. Never heard them though. Would you say there's a significant overall sound quality difference between kali and the mkiii?

Why are you using an amp with the kalis, aren't they powered? Also what is your listening distance?

Bust3r

Very interesting. I was thinking about T7V but in the end i'm leaning towards the kali. Lp8v2 actually for a bit of extra bass. Never heard them though. Would you say there's a significant overall sound quality difference between kali and the mkiii?

Why are you using an amp with the kalis, aren't they powered? Also what is your listening distance?
In my setup there is a marked difference in sound, no comparison. Every area of the Kali's is superior, highs/mids/lows and surprisingly the amp section. The edifiers just didn't have anything behind it. I turn them up and its just.....meh. Nothing special stands out. If you want bluetooth connect and all that, and features you may never use, then that's what they're made for. IMO not for people that want serious sound. No joke when I say that my kid's edifier R1280T's sounds better EQ'd than the MKIII thru a midrange eclaro soundcard.

I have read reviews that the LP8's have a significant impact in the bass over the LP6 but I'm in an apt and have to modify the bass from the LP6 so it doesnt annoy anyone. The bass from the LP6 is impressive. Impressive enough that I had to cut the 20hz dip switch in the back by -2db AND modify a PEACE EQ to get the bass down even more on top of that. They will not do RCA outs, XLR is their main connect. The Adam T7V's and the KFK's had better bass than the Kali's - both were meatier sounding, especially the T7V's. The KFK and the Kali's were VERY similar in every other area. Its also a 7" woofer for Adam and KRK compared to 6.5" for the Kali's. I just couldnt deal with that tweeter color on the Adams. The Adam A7X (or AX7 I forget) do not have the color and sound like the Kali's on steroids, but also at around $900/pair USED.

The Master19 amp is being used as a preamp for the Kali's. The volume is preset and not touched on the Kali's and all volume is controlled thru the amp/windows which is connected to the Topping DAC. The Kali's are EQ'd thru PEACE.

I just noticed that I've been calling KRK - KFK this whole time, hahaha

EDIT:
Oh the monitors are a little over 3 feet away attached the ends of the desk on each side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom