• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edifier R1700BT, Onkyo D-T25, Taga Harmony TAV-806s or JBL Control One

xkcd0137

Hello mates, a budget audiophile here.

I am in need of urgent recommendation between these speakers. I have read many reviews of r1700bt over past week and decided to go for them in upcoming sale (starting in less than 1 hour now) for $115.. but I recently stumbled upon a hifi site which is selling the next 3 speakers for similar price.

My use purpose is listening to Music and watching movies in a medium size room.

I have been searching for reviews of all 3 speakers for past hour but haven't found any yet. If anyone has any idea if these are better than R1700BT, I'll be grateful. Thanks.

PS - I am not sure where to make such post. If it is in the wrong sub-forum, do let me know I'll delete it.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
We don't have spinorama for R1700BT, but we have for R1280T (a cheaper model):
Amir's review.
CEA2034.jpg

I'm not sure of the difference between JBL Control 1 and Control 1 Pro...
Amir's review.
CEA2034.jpg

Very weak bass response...subs will be required here.

We don't have spinorama for Onkyo D-T25 or Taga Harmony TAV-806.

I would probably pick Edifiers...just don't expect a high-level of performance...simply based on R1280T's measurements, we see resonances, non-neutral response, and directivity issues. But at that price, it's expected.

OP
X

xkcd0137

I would probably pick Edifiers...just don't expect a high-level of performance...simply based on R1280T's measurements, we see resonances, non-neutral response, and directivity issues. But at that price, it's expected.
Thank you, dear sir, for a quick reply.

I had shortlisted R1280T after reading reviews of Presonus Eris 3.5, Mackie CR3-X, JBL One and R1280T from this forum only.

But then I read that R1700BT have slightly better SQ due to DSP and DRC and watched a few videos, hence I decided on R1700BT.

Your reply further validates my decision, hence Edifier it will be. Thanks again.

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here are charts of the 1700BT showing bass and treble gain. You can smooth out the upper frequencies by going -3 treble but there is nothing you can do about the 80hz hump, maybe going -3 or -4 will bring that bump down but that would hurt the upper bass a bit. Also there is a suckout at 1.5khz but there is nothing you can do about that unless you have an eq. If you have the choice, go for the R1700BTS or the R1850DB / R1855DB that has a sub out. Even a good budget sub will help a lot.

Attachments

• R1700BT Bass Adjustment.jpg
    R1700BT Bass Adjustment.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 380
  • R1700BT Treble Adjustment.jpg
    R1700BT Treble Adjustment.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 328
OP
X

xkcd0137

Also there is a suckout at 1.5khz but there is nothing you can do about that unless you have an eq. If you have the choice, go for the R1700BTS or the R1850DB / R1855DB that has a sub out. Even a good budget sub will help a lot.
I am short on budget so will stick with R1700BT atm but will definitely upgrade an year or two down the line. Thanks.

Top Bottom