• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edifier MR4 measurements (It's probably been upgraded.)

jtk9412

check with a frequency genrator if 3khz is louder or quieter than 2khz. maybe use a dezibel measurement app if you cant decide by ear.

anyway both are pretty good.
When I measure it from 15-20cm, 2kHz is 49.5dB and 3kHz is 52.4dB. When I get my iPhone's microphone closer to the source, the difference is less than 4dB. What does it mean?

komhst

When I measure it from 15-20cm, 2kHz is 49.5dB and 3kHz is 52.4dB. When I get my iPhone's microphone closer to the source, the difference is less than 4dB. What does it mean?
Maybe they are version 2...

jtk9412

@ninetylol I am not really familiar with how to gather the data from a screenshot and adjust it to make the monitors flat. If you still save the flat version (the data before your room adjustment), I would be appreciated if you could share it as well so I can apply it directly to EqualizerAPO.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@ninetylol I am not really familiar with how to gather the data from a screenshot and adjust it to make the monitors flat. If you still save the flat version (the data before your room adjustment), I would be appreciated if you could share it as well so I can apply it directly to EqualizerAPO.
You cant do that without a 200k Klippel measurement system :p

You need a measurement mic if you want to measure for yourself or you can apply Klippel data to yours.

jtk9412

You cant do that without a 200k Klippel measurement system :p

You need a measurement mic if you want to measure for yourself or you can apply Klippel data to yours.
I don't need to adjust it for my room, I just want it to be equalized for a flatter/more natural output.

I am recently using this but as you said, it is outdated. Can't we create a new version of EQ by using the updated version's graph from this subject? I just don't know how to do it on my own.

roladyzator

I don't need to adjust it for my room, I just want it to be equalized for a flatter/more natural output.

I am recently using this but as you said, it is outdated. Can't we create a new version of EQ by using the updated version's graph from this subject? I just don't know how to do it on my own.
I've used WebPlotDigitizer to get the CSV data from the on-axis line in the graph.
You can load in in the AutoEQ website and use the Flat target. I'd limit the max gain to 6 dB and select the Custom parametric EQ to set the lower bound for equalization to about 50 - 60 Hz, otherwise you'll end up with ridiculous levels of bass boost.

Or you can take this CSV and add the filters manually in REW.

Attachments

• MR4 new measurements on-axis.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 23

jtk9412

I've used WebPlotDigitizer to get the CSV data from the on-axis line in the graph.
You can load in in the AutoEQ website and use the Flat target. I'd limit the max gain to 6 dB and select the Custom parametric EQ to set the lower bound for equalization to about 50 - 60 Hz, otherwise you'll end up with ridiculous levels of bass boost.

Or you can take this CSV and add the filters manually in REW.
I'm really appreciated.

Top Bottom