• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Easy to drive bookshelf speakers to pair up with schiit rekkr?

Protowarr

Something small possibly with a 5" woofer. Under $400 if possible, but please do mention if something else comes to mind.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Normally, you want to choose speakers for the purpose, then buy an appropriate amp to drive them.

OP
P

Protowarr

Normally, you want to choose speakers for the purpose, then buy an appropriate amp to drive them.
Sure, although there isn't that many cheap tiny good class AB repairable power amplifiers that aren't space heaters on the market. I think many would like to know what pairs well with it.

OP
P

Protowarr

What pre amp are you using with your Rekkr?
Cheapest passive preamplifier from aliexpress, I think it was about $20-30 and it has Alps rk27 in it. It's a lot better than any preamp I've had before.

Streamc

Cheapest passive preamplifier from aliexpress, I think it was about $20-30 and it has Alps rk27 in it. It's a lot better than any preamp I've had before.
Can you provide a link. I have bought little bear 2 but I do not like it cause of distortion. Different sound on low level.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Elac Debut 2.0 B 5.2 speakers come to mind as a decent option well within your price point... Many other good options I'm sure on the recommended speakers list.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
If you are open to used speakers, any KEF Q series bookshelf speaker should work fine too. I currently use my Q 15.2 speakers in nearfield with either a Marantz 2216 (16wpc) or the Aiyima A07 amp in my small workroom system.

Achim1812

No one will expect audiophile or highend speakers built by sophisticated manufacturers in this price range. My personal standard recommendation for lowest budget is the Sony SSCS 5. Best buy for small bucks, and sometimes very, very cheap in the well-known market places.

Top Bottom