• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Earthquake XJ-300ST Stereo Amplifier Review

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Wow, this one is just terrible.
It seems that the company has no idea what they are doing considering the product doesn't come anywhere near the specs... That mains noise too.... and this is for subwoofers with only 50W output?

freedomgli

Wow, this one is just terrible.
It seems that the company has no idea what they are doing considering the product doesn't come anywhere near the specs... That mains noise too.... and this is for subwoofers with only 50W output?
I believe it's primarily intended for their tactile transducers, not subwoofers. But they do market it as a versatile stereo amplifier that can also be bridged mono. It's rated at 2x110w at 8Ω, 2x170w at 4Ω, 1x170w at 8Ω, 1x300w at 4Ω. Sad that it didn't come anywhere near close to those figures. They deserve to be vilified for such poor performance. Independent testing/ measurement is extremely important to make consumers aware of junk like this, although I don't put a lot of faith in a sample size of one. Still, what are the odds that someone would randomly get such a stinker, let alone Amir? It seems likely every Earthquake is fraudulent garbage. Hard to ever trust a company that sells a product that's so blatantly bad.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I believe it's primarily intended for their tactile transducers, not subwoofers. But they do market it as a versatile stereo amplifier that can also be bridged mono. It's rated at 2x110w at 8Ω, 2x170w at 4Ω, 1x170w at 8Ω, 1x300w at 4Ω. Sad that it didn't come anywhere near close to those figures. They deserve to be vilified for such poor performance. Independent testing/ measurement is extremely important to make consumers aware of junk like this, although I don't put a lot of faith in a sample size of one. Still, what are the odds that someone would randomly get such a stinker, let alone Amir? It seems likely every Earthquake is fraudulent garbage. Hard to ever trust a company that sells a product that's so blatantly bad.
Yes I looked into the company a bit and their products don't have the best reviews.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
"The new XJ300ST packs more power and flexibility in its small chassis than any other amplifier of comparable size."

The XJ300ST produces continuous rock solid power – 110 Watts RMS at 8 ohms per channel, 170 Watts RMS at 4 ohms per channel and 320 Watts RMS bridged into 4 ohm.

2 x 110 WRMS (8 ohm Stereo)
2 x 170 WRMS (4 ohm Stereo)

= real world 30w/60w at 8/4 ohms

this will do well with the guys here who reckon 20w is all you need

i can only come up with the excuse that this amp is busted... its how i sleep at night knowing no company could be *THAT* unscrupulous.... oh yeah... Pioneer exists...

D

Deleted member 48726

This is fraudulent!

I've scrutinized the www for reviews on their subwoofers but didn't find any. Neither on YouTube. I find this very very strange as their prices are seemingly low and their marketing and published numbers are attractive. They must be selling these in great quantities. No tests, no measurements. Just their own claims seem to exist..

Top Bottom