• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EarMen Tradutto Review (DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 144 71.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 48 23.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

daveh

ok
Why buy an expensive flawed product? If it sounds better to your ear with a THD rising like a rocket past 2 KHz, it only means your standard reference is not authoritative and impeccable. You are wasting money and time listening to 4-5 orders of magnitude greater distortion, miseducating your ears and your brain.
what is your system ?I want to see your impeccable standards mine are on youtube for all to see I have nothing to hide daves hifi audio reviews .I know a little my friend but sadly there are no measurements tho so best to stay away

AndreaT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
ok

what is your system ?I want to see your impeccable standards mine are on youtube for all to see I have nothing to hide daves hifi audio reviews .I know a little my friend but sadly there are no measurements tho so best to stay away
My standard? I trust measurements and informed opinions. I discard flights of fancy, hyperboles and expensive electronics for the sake of telling your neighbors (or to blog about them). My acoustic reference is the sound of symphonic music at Symphony Hall in Boston.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
what is cause and affect? please elaborate Im new here as trying to understand the thinking here on this site.I just like the component in my system plain and simple I really dont need to know more than that.

Effect: You plug in the EarMen Tradutto, listen to it and hear clear indications of sonic splendor.

Cause: The myriad of things that can be the source of that impression.

Was it the output of the DAC? The measurements seem to point to that as being implausible. That leaves cognitive bias as the most likely candidate for the cause. Hard to know for sure without further testing. But does it really matter? Nothing wrong with going: "It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but I don't care, cause I like it!"

The only thing that grinds my personal gears in these situations, is when something with very low probability of relevance is being presented as an absolute truth.

AndreaT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There are indeed a myriad of factors. I still remember my pure joy when I upgraded from the 4cm loudspeaker of my cassette player/recorder Philips N2203 to a 7 cm full range speaker in a primitive enclosure, driven by a 6 W mono transistor amplifier, on a board with a 24 V DC transformer and a small control board for volume, treble and bass. It probably measured horribly, yet it was an upgrade. It felt like heaven to be able to hear a little more bass, a little louder volume, and the upgrade game was on…In spite of the overall poor S/N ratio of the source (the cassette player), the likely low SINAD of the amp, and the constrained fr of the loudspeaker, I used the system through my middle school into the first year of high school, collecting ohhhs and aaahs from my peers who were not as fortunate or dedicated to the Art of Music Listening.
CAD76460-3201-431A-AB35-C509EE557169.jpeg

Last edited:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Being a bit younger, my first piece of "serious" audio gear was the first model of the JVC Kaboom. Sounded like heaven to teenage me :D

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to see your impeccable standards mine are on youtube for all to see
Actually they're not. All you do is present your "opinions" with no supporting evidence.

You're clearly here simply to troll. You've added nothing of substance.

Top Bottom