• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Earbud recommendations

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And I do mean earbuds. Not IEMs. Think OG apple bud shape so nothing you have to remotely insert into the ear canal. EDIT- and I want wired!

During the working day I am on an off calls as well as getting regularly disturbed by deliveries and the bloody cat. I love my IEMs but if I am forever taking in and out, the process of inserting gets tireseome. So I want some good earbuds.

The Moondrop Chaconne look great, but very expensive. I would prefer something quite robust (metal or nicely molded plastic) and ideally some that have been measured by the usual suspects but get good reviews for comfort and fit from "real" people.

Do your worst people. I can and will EQ.

Last edited:

stumper3819

Forum Donor
Harman has AKG 400N on sale for $50. Crinacle calls them best sounding bud, read his review. Also metal and fit nicely. Bought a pair myself.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Harman has AKG 400N on sale for $50. Crinacle calls them best sounding bud, read his review. Also metal and fit nicely. Bought a pair myself.
Ah, thanks, I might look at them anyway but...

I need to revise my post. I would describe those as IEM. They have a tip that goes in your ear, I want flat. Like these pics. Also , I should have said, wired!

105466565_max.jpg

WickedInsignia

I've heard some great things about the Yincrow X6! Can't remember where, but the impressions from "real people" were good.
At ~$10, what's the risk really?
YINC.jpg

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And I do mean earbuds. Not IEMs. Think OG apple bud shape so nothing you have to remotely insert into the ear canal. EDIT- and I want wired!

During the working day I am on an off calls as well as getting regularly disturbed by deliveries and the bloody cat. I love my IEMs but if I am forever taking in and out, the process of inserting gets tireseome. So I want some good earbuds.

The Moondrop Chaconne look great, but very expensive. I would prefer something quite robust (metal or nicely molded plastic) and ideally some that have been measured by the usual suspects but get good reviews for comfort and fit from "real" people.

Do your worst people. I can and will EQ.

Just wondering where you landed? Over the years I developed a nasty impact build up from IEMs and would like to avoid that ever happening again, but I can't find good over-ears that both breathe and stay snug during workouts.

Ear buds could be a good compromise, although I have yet to meet any device that can deliver good bass without a proper seal. Not a lot of comprehensive IEM/earbud measurements out there, either, just a lot of FR reports.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just wondering where you landed? Over the years I developed a nasty impact build up from IEMs and would like to avoid that ever happening again, but I can't find good over-ears that both breathe and stay snug during workouts.

Ear buds could be a good compromise, although I have yet to meet any device that can deliver good bass without a proper seal. Not a lot of comprehensive IEM/earbud measurements out there, either, just a lot of FR reports.
I didn't basically. I put an old wireless speaker on my desk to stream Spotify during times when I need to have an awareness of the door /phone maybe ringing. Figured that earbuds might still mean I can't hear things properly.

Top Bottom