• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ear-to-Ear Comparisons

Zed

Hey @amirm. Thank you for all you do here. It’s not enough though! i’m (half) joking. I’ve seen-heard a few head-to-head (“ear-to-ear”) audio a/b comparisons on youtube allowing the watcher-listener to hear differences between sound characteristics of various equipment. There are some poorly executed, and some better. Wondering if it would be possible to capture device characteristics with a recording done within the system (not via external mic). If the tracks you chose were consistent across all tests/devices, users would be able to form a qualitative opinion, to match your data results. Like, choose two devices, choose the tracks that represent your tastes, and compare the audio characteristics for ourselves. I’m sure there are a million reasons why this is imprefect, but you know what they say about perfection. From a labor standpoint, my basic assumption is that you would simply be recording a bunch of standardized tracks while doing your tests, or smoking a cigar. Once recorded, they simply get tagged by device, and uploaded, for our ravenous consumption and feverish discussion. Oh the site traffic!

A head-to-head feature like this would make me smile from, you know, ear to ear.

:)

Jonathan

Top Bottom