• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ear pads for HD58x?

happythoughts

Anyone know of a softer ear pad for the HD58x? The stock get quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. Any tips on stretching them? I've tried to bend the metal band part but afraid I may crack the plastic.

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone know of a softer ear pad for the HD58x? The stock get quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. Any tips on stretching them? I've tried to bend the metal band part but afraid I may crack the plastic.

Extend the headband fully, then carefully bend only the metal part, keeping thumb and fingers on the metal only. Do each side, then check for comfort and repeat as needed.

Here is someone on youtube doing it with a similar model:

OP
H

happythoughts

Ok, I just did this and it helped a bunch. I was trying to bend them too close to the plastic.

Tks

Major Contributor
You don't want a softer earpad in terms of how plyable the inner foam is the reason you don't want a softer inner material, is it will then have your ears touching the driver if allowed to depress too much, but if you mean softer surface to the touch, then you have two great options.

Dekoni, or Yaxi earpads.

I got Dekoni and they're nice, but I'd really want to try Yaxi due to the amount of space they have inside (even more than stock it seems).

Top Bottom