• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E50 preout

conqueeftador

Tried bypassing the Denon AV using the Topping E50 as a preamp straight into a Tag Mclaren 5x100r, but at 0DB it is a bit loud, -25 is listening volume and you can't hear much -50 to -99 as it fades to silence.

What's the issue here? I suppose I don't have to worry about the digital volume resetting itself and sending many watts to the speakers.

Last edited:

dananski

at 0DB it is a bit loud, -25 is listening volume and you can't hear much -50 to -99 as it fades to silence
Well that's one way to demonstrate the decibel scale!

If you're still wondering about this, I'm not sure what issue is implied. "A bit loud" doesn't seem like it could damage your speakers, but if you're worried, check the speakers' maximum power rating is less than the amp's maximum single channel output into one of them. I've not experienced the E50 changing any settings by itself, but I run it at -0dB into other devices that have their own preamps.

Top Bottom