• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA Cosmos ADC

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
The latest Cosmos Scaler front panel version, I like laconic style ;)
Cosmos_Scaler1.jpg

Cosmos_Scaler2.jpg

ghg

it is ok but pls tell me hoe did you get Comtrue ASIO works?
Well, I did nothing special, just selected ASIO via the AP I/O settings, see pic.

Attachments

• APx525_SW4.6.jpg
    APx525_SW4.6.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 240

MC_RME

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
it is ok but pls tell me hoe did you get Comtrue ASIO works?
This is what I wrote to you before:

Regarding ASIO: yes CTASIO does NOT work in most cases and there is a simple explanation: ASIO was designed as synchronous record/playback or full duplex protocol. It was not meant to be used with record only.
So if you open REW you have a problem as REW requires an output device - there is none with the Cosmos ADC. Same for APxFlex (the software solution that I use here). HpW blacklists ComTrue, so you don't see it at all. And AIMP player and others show it although there is no playback device - so obviously won't work.

FlexASIO and others make them work because you can configure a 'replacement' playback device for ASIO, for example your soundcard.

So why did L7 work? You did not look closely enough. He used the APx analog hardware output, so no ASIO playback device is used. Then the APx only uses the recording side for ASIO. Easy.

In other words - this is not CT fault, would be the same with others. If your hardware has no playback device then you are screwed....and need to use flexible workarounds.

Reactions: Hee

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
As I told you you should contact the author of REW to discuss and debug matters - obviously I can't help here. And it should also be obvious that play only devices exist for many years and are also supported by any ASIO capable software out there (hint: DACs). Just not record only devices. They are too rare.

HpW

Technical Expert
As I told you, I need just 1-2 minutes to add Play port to the ADC FW and I did that, however, REW still doesn't see CTASIO even it is a duplex now.
Comtrue says ASIO should work but it doesn't. BTW, the single Play ASIO interface i.e. DAC(not a duplex) works fine with REW and others.

What is the current ADC gear versions:

. FW version as V13?
. Tweak tool as version??

and please a clear download link to the given stuff :D while on discord there is a mess.. O:(

OP
mansr

mansr

Major Contributor
For whatever it's worth, REW on Linux works fine with the Cosmos ADC.

HpW

Technical Expert
HpW, we working on Cosmos Analyzer SW, where will be included tweak functions and more for instance ADC auto-calibration in one click.
CosmosAdc_v13.hex is latest one.

Still a simple Tweak App for your HW gear is preferable or MUST HAVE, while the current you get lost on real mono/stereo ADC setup.

Also please provide a 24Mhz FW, hopefully it gets any better jitter figures :D

HpW

Technical Expert
HpW, try walking in my shoes, pls. I a single person do all things simultaneously. Where I can get time to make a custom FW for 22/24MHz osc?

Yeah, a human may not able to divide by five while even by tree it does not work too...

So starting as a family company... .one day growing will be the answer :D so you get more comfortable walking within your shoes :D

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
What is a false statement. There is may an other reason about.

That may be. I remember I had more ComTrue issues first because the download link on AliExpress was (or is) wrong. I then used the link from Archimago, and CT started to work.

HpW

Technical Expert
That may be. I remember I had more ComTrue issues first because the download link on AliExpress was (or is) wrong. I then used the link from Archimago, and CT started to work.

You mean CT7601 Windows 7/10 driver 6.0.1.20210429 for the driver to use??

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
You mean CT7601 Windows 7/10 driver 6.0.1.20210429 for the driver to use??
6.0.1.4031 according to Device Manager.

But I use ASIO4All with the CT driver and Cosmos, not the CT ASIO. And ASIO4All seems blacklisted in HpW.

Attachments

• sshot-164.png
    sshot-164.png
    643.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
6.0.1.4031 according to Device Manager.

But I use ASIO4All with the CT driver and Cosmos, not the CT ASIO. And ASIO4All seems blacklisted in HpW.

For what it's worth, Multitone is able to record directly from CT ASIO driver.

EDIT: Also have no problems with REW using ASIO driver directly, under Windows 10.

Last edited:

HpW

Technical Expert
ASIO4All seems blacklisted in HpW.

You should known that this gets blacklisted since may a decade... no any effort to help them to fix issues. Also why to use an interface who adds latency for CPU heating.

As it gets: some show nicely all SR on Win10 sound control (as CT 6.0.1.4031) and on ADI 2 Pro only one SR and as soon you change the SR on the driver GUI a complete driver & HW reloads... so on SW/App side it looks like a PNP action.

Top Bottom