• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA Cosmos ADC + RME ADI-2 DAC fs

IncognitOz

Hi friends,

I have been very impressed with the performance of the Cosmos ADC but I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to and I would appreciate it if anyone has tried it and can give their opinion about.

I thought of combining the Cosmos ADC + APU as a microphone preamplifier for the RME ADI-2 DAC FS that I have. Has anyone tried doing an Impulse response measurement for loudspeaker in the ARTA software and can report a result? I'm just afraid that the result won't be reliable since we use 2 usb interfaces that contain different clocks.

Thanks for any answer that sheds light on my dilemma.

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,
Maybe I didn't understand, but I don't see how you would link Cosmos ADC + APU to the ADI-2 PRO FS as it is.
The only possibility I see would be to send Cosmos ADC signal to ADI-2 PRO FS via SPDIF (and in this case, you can sync the ADI-2 PRO FS on the SPDIF input), but I'm not sure if anybody has succeed to do it.
I tried using the I2S pins of the Cosmos ADC, with master clock from the ESS chip, but it never worked correctly. It was unstable, and at best, I had audio coming, and possibility to sync on the SPDIF signal, but it had disorsion

Without doing that, the signal is only sent via USB, so to a computer, not to the ADI-2 PRO FS

P.S. I answered thinking it was the ADI-2 PRO FS, not the ADI-2 DAC FS

Last edited:
OP
I

IncognitOz

Thanks for the reply.
It can't work even if I measure with one of these methods?

IMG_20221025_130016.jpg

Thank you

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry, I answered thinking you had a ADI-2 PRO FS
My previous post needs to be edited

So with ADI-2 DAC FS, yes, you have to clocks, but it's not a problem in measurement of signal, at least it seems

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
I don't get...

any correct usb card etc. two channels with loopback calibration allows a relevant measurement in impulse ... you just have to use the 88k 96k minimum .. (and a good calibrated microphone ... see the luxury is micro hdg with large bandwidth. .)

don't see the interest of the gasworks with the cosmos...

in the end, it is technically quite modest measures..
it's really the stories of implementation etc which is delicate... precautions etc

modestly
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...ce-review-and-measurements.26755/post-1319609

Last edited:
Top Bottom