• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
What is the driver doing exactly? Can you measure what "medium high level" is for you so we can get to the same dbSPL?

BTW what amplifier are you using to drive them?

Well, yeah, if the amp is clipping, bad things can happen.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
The driver has excessive movement, using an Accuphase E 470 with the volume at 10 O’clock.

You need to measure the SPLs.

Those of us who don't own Accuphase can't tell anything by your volume knob setting.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

Well, I'm hitting that level at double the distance (i.e. I'm listening louder).

Driver isn't even visibly moving unless I get really close and look at just the right angle.

Accuphase too wimpy! ;)

PLB

Well, I'm hitting that level at double the distance (i.e. I'm listening louder).

Driver isn't even visibly moving unless I get really close and look at just the right angle.

Accuphase too wimpy! ;)
I highly doubt it’s the Accuphase being to wimpy!

PLB

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/14/04/0AB1F470-E100-43B8-B437-850ED1231F49/IMG_8774.mov

Lavawood

Forum Donor
I bought a pair of special 40’s From a Dealer floor once. I was assured they were perfect. When I got em home I played Stavroz, The Finishing at a near max level and found one woofer lost control. Swapped leads and the problem stayed in that woofer indicating a damaged woofer. It was replaced under warranty. If the problem moved you could point to input, not necessarily the track itself but you could rule out a speaker problem.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I bought a pair of special 40’s From a Dealer floor once. I was assured they were perfect. When I got em home I played Stavroz, The Finishing at a near max level and found one woofer lost control. Swapped leads and the problem stayed in that woofer indicating a damaged woofer. It was replaced under warranty. If the problem moved you could point to input, not necessarily the track itself but you could rule out a speaker problem.

Dealer abuse. ;)

Lavawood

Forum Donor
Or customer who borrowed them...
Or “poked” them
I was in a shop in Boise last week, they had a pair of C1’s on display. One of the tweeters was ripped open.

PLB

Both drivers are behaving the same way. I'm going to swap out the speaker cables and see what happens. Tried the cd as well as Roon with the same outcome. Only with the first track and the first 10 seconds.

Top Bottom