• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some initial impression Video of Day 1 out of the box.

Nice setup. I like your diffusers, environmental control system, and electronics. It sounds good even through your microphone and my speakers and room. Line magnetic?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
It's nice to see that Dynaudio is liked here even though they don't have waveguides lol
I liked the bm5 mkiii when I heard them.
A small thing that's annoying is that all of their drivers kind of look the same.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It's nice to see that Dynaudio is liked here even though they don't have waveguides lol
I liked the bm5 mkiii when I heard them.
A small thing that's annoying is that all of their drivers kind of look the same.

Isn't that true for the Genelecs you're wishing for, also?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
You shouldn't buy Dynaudio, then.

Nobody can tell your extra special upscale drivers from the cheapie versions.

Problem solved!
I won't buy them only because I don't want passives and the headache of buying amps and preamps and cables.
The looks of the drivers are not a real problem

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Not necessarily wireless , just actives that don't need exotic cables that cost hundreds if not more.

"...need exotic cables..." What? Methinks you need to read some of the cable threads here. My cables cost $50 per pair. And I only spend that, because I like nice looking cables and could not buy the components to make my own for that little $$. Use any decent quality copper of the appropriate gauge, and you are good as gold. My previous, identical sounding cables, cost $10 per pair for 12ga bulk wire and generic banana plugs.

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
Not necessarily wireless , just actives that don't need exotic cables that cost hundreds if not more.
Erm... you can buy pre-terminated XLRs for like 30 bucks each for a 20 foot cable. As for speaker cables, I quite literally used lamp cord for my living room set. Doesn't matter.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
"...need exotic cables..." What? Methinks you need to read some of the cable threads here. My cables cost $50 per pair. And I only spend that, because I like nice looking cables and could not buy the components to make my own for that little $$. Use any decent quality copper of the appropriate gauge, and you are good as gold. My previous, identical sounding cables, cost $10 per pair for 12ga bulk wire and generic banana plugs.

The cables I‘m using with these $7000 speakers cost $47.50...

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
They’re 4 ohms.

I’m sure a reasonably priced Class D amp with good current output will do fine.
Yeah but what are we talking about, around a $1000?
I have no clue when it comes to amp prices

Lavawood

Forum Donor
I’ve been using kimber PBJ and 4tc for 30 years
Once you see the connections inside your speakers and amp, cables take on a different perspective. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to glow in the dark, woven carbon fiber fire hose cables and cords, but money has never been that plentiful for me.

can someone record sultans of swing for me so I might live vicariously please?

not mine:

-test a rogue Cronus magnum if you can get your hands on one, match made in heaven

Top Bottom