• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

matro5

Those stands are really nice.

Does the adapter plate work on them?

I don't believe the adapter plate will work, but I ordered them anyway. I was looking at the Stand 20s, as well as the Solidsteel SS-6 and then the FS206. All seem to be great stands for use with the Heritage Specials.

My dealer suggested that with either of the last two options some Blu Tack would do the job. That said, I would have to imagine that the Stand 20 / adapter plate solution makes the most sense, but, I'm not a particularly sensical person :)

Like you, I'll be using these at first in a larger room, and eventually with subs. Also like you, the Heritage Specials seemed to me like a way to atone for missing out on the Special 25s and classic Contour speakers. I've happily run Focus 160s for years, and will continue to do so in my office, but if Dynaudio had asked me for what I wanted in a speaker, it would be the Heritage Specials.

So, thanks very much for starting this thread here and sharing your experiences. I don't anticipate that these will be my "last" speaker, as the above reviewer claims, but I do hope to build a system around them I keep with me for the long haul. Here's hoping they bring everyone in this little club years of joy.

cold2112

I am wondering what associated equipment everyone is successfully running with their Dynaudio Heritage speakers? Has any specific piece of equipment not matched well? Mine are on order and I'm very excited to get them singing!

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I am wondering what associated equipment everyone is successfully running with their Dynaudio Heritage speakers? Has any specific piece of equipment not matched well? Mine are on order and I'm very excited to get them singing!

I'll answer this with a new photo, since some people (@matro5 and others) have asked for a full room shot. Now with white stands.

IMG_0145.jpg

Electronics: Devialet Expert 400
Turntable: Michell Gyro SE
Tonearm: SME M2-9R
Cartridges: Varies, I have several
Reel to Reel: Revox PR-99 MK II (currently)
Subs: 2 x Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X
Cables: BJC Canare star quad

Last edited:

PLB

PLB

I’ve only had a couple days of listening time, before I was sent out of town for work. But the synergy of the system I currently have in place seems fantastic. My room is about 15 x 20

Accuphase e470
Hegel hd30
VIP Prime Scout/ 2m black
Moon 260DT
Stand 6 with Isoaccoutics Gaia ii, waiting for the top plate.

PLB

PLB

Trying to upload pics, but keeps saying file to large, maybe I need to be on wifi....

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just use the photo editor on my Samsung S9 to crop a little and the new file always works.

Reactions: PLB

Robmoores1

I’ve only had a couple days of listening time, before I was sent out of town for work. But the synergy of the system I currently have in place seems fantastic. My room is about 15 x 20

Accuphase e470
Hegel hd30
VIP Prime Scout/ 2m black
Moon 260DT
Stand 6 with Isoaccoutics Gaia ii, waiting for the top plate.

Have you tried the speakers and stands with and without the Isoacoustics Gaia? Is there a noticeable difference?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dynaudio Heritage Special by Rob Moores, on Flickr

My system:

Accuphase E-480
Accuphase DAC-50 Module
Accuphase AD-50 Module
Auralic Aries Mini
Technics SL1200G
Audio Technica VM540
Dynaudio Heritage Special
Dynaudio Stand 20 Stands - waiting for delivery of the top plates.
Incredible. Great choices on the whole system! What cartridge do you have on the Sl 1200G?

Top Bottom