• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

Lavawood

Forum Donor
His subjective comments map reasonably well to my subjective experience, although I think he missed a key design element that has become more apparent the longer I've had them.
What’s that?

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
What’s that?

The Contour 20 and Confidence 20 are stand mounts that are trying to get as close as possible to offering a bigger speaker experience, trying to emulate a floor stander, in a smaller package.

The Heritage Special is much more of a "mini monitor" (albeit a large one) in concept, and is a throwback akin to speakers with similar design objectives from 20+ years ago.

Last edited:

Lavawood

Forum Donor
Well, I got my pair last Thursday. I knew I had to buy it as it was #103, the house number I lived during my studies.

I guess some numbers are still in the field, at dealers throughout the world. So 69 might still be an option ;-)
Please show us what you got!

Lavawood

Forum Donor
Also floating around IG

8CAD1F28-321A-47F7-B606-7A321AFC891E.jpeg

matro5

Beautiful speakers, @watchnerd and @Robmoores1. Congrats! I'm happy to report that I have a pair of Heritage Specials on the way, as well.

Thought some in this thread might find this review interesting, as well. Just turn on auto-translate and you'll get the gist. "For those of you who want a definitive compact loudspeaker, it's time for you to make the deal of a lifetime..."

Robmoores1

Beautiful speakers, @watchnerd and @Robmoores1. Congrats! I'm happy to report that I have a pair of Heritage Specials on the way, as well.

Thought some in this thread might find this review interesting, as well. Just turn on auto-translate and you'll get the gist. "For those of you who want a definitive compact loudspeaker, it's time for you to make the deal of a lifetime..."

They are beautiful speakers as you say - much nicer in the flesh (well, wood). The finish on them is impeccable and they sound incredible. I watched the video with auto-translate on before buying my speakers - definitely worthwhile.

I hope they live up to any expectations you may have - mine certainly have.

matro5

They are beautiful speakers as you say - much nicer in the flesh (well, wood). The finish on them is impeccable and they sound incredible. I watched the video with auto-translate on before buying my speakers - definitely worthwhile.

I hope they live up to any expectations you may have - mine certainly have.

Thank you! Am glad to hear you're enjoying yours. And, small world re: the Hifight video. Just saw the comment there re: the stands. If anyone else is wondering, the stands in that video are the Custom Design FS206.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Thank you! Am glad to hear you're enjoying yours. And, small world re: the Hifight video. Just saw the comment there re: the stands. If anyone else is wondering, the stands in that video are the Custom Design FS206.

Those stands are really nice.

Does the adapter plate work on them?

Top Bottom