• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Emit20 reviews

pgsnow

Havent seen too many reviews online with the new Dynaudio Emit 20's. Has anybody listened to them and how do they compared to other speakers in their price range like the B&W 606's and the KEF Q350's?

ranrt

I have auditioned the yesterday a long side with Monitor audio silver 100 7G and Cabasse MC170, THE mc170 is three way design others are 2 way.
The are all very good and each has it characteristic, I am before buying now, I did not had a time to listen to POLK R200 but I think the rest are in a top League then the POLK.
The MA SILVER 100 has 8 inch midbass driver , the emut20 7 inch , cabasse I think 6.5 inch.
The MA Played much more high volume , the cabasse had the best tweeter sound but they distorted at higher volume, for me I think the Emit 20 is the best sounding , more controlled bass then the MA SILVER and the tweeter sound sweets and well harmony with the midbass.

Opal

I have auditioned the yesterday a long side with Monitor audio silver 100 7G and Cabasse MC170, THE mc170 is three way design others are 2 way.
The are all very good and each has it characteristic, I am before buying now, I did not had a time to listen to POLK R200 but I think the rest are in a top League then the POLK.
The MA SILVER 100 has 8 inch midbass driver , the emut20 7 inch , cabasse I think 6.5 inch.
The MA Played much more high volume , the cabasse had the best tweeter sound but they distorted at higher volume, for me I think the Emit 20 is the best sounding , more controlled bass then the MA SILVER and the tweeter sound sweets and well harmony with the midbass.
Quite the opposite, the Polk R200 measurements are top league while the rest are most probably not.

ranrt

Quite the opposite, the Polk R200 measurements are top league while the rest are most probably not.
How do you now they are not? The Polk speakers are for the mass and mass produce while the rest is not , and measurements is not what it's all about is what you listen and like ...this what's matters. By the way the monitor audio silver 100 7G got 5 stars at whathifi.
Another key to mention is the synergy with the amps, yesterday I auditioned them with luxman integrated amp, probably it will sound different with my ADCOM GFA 555mk2. HTH

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How do you now they are not? The Polk speakers are for the mass and mass produce while the rest is not , and measurements is not what it's all about is what you listen and like ...this what's matters. By the way the monitor audio silver 100 7G got 5 stars at whathifi.
Another key to mention is the synergy with the amps, yesterday I auditioned them with luxman integrated amp, probably it will sound different with my ADCOM GFA 555mk2. HTH
Everything gets five stars on whathifi.

When faced with the facts they are far from impressive

warpdrive

The latest Dynaudio Emit speakers were developed with their latest Jupiter facility so I'd expect them to be decent (the previous Emit models with the "M" in the name....M10, M20 etc were pre-Jupiter)

The Polk R200 is a competent speaker, as measurements of the various models has shown

Monitor Audio products may be more hit and miss from various measurements but their Silver 7Gen series seemed good to me when I tried them, nothing stands out as glaring flaw. I would probably opt for the Dynaudio or Polk

Last edited:

YSC

Major Contributor
well the KEF Q350 is measured here

it's reasonably flat but both from the early roll off of bass and the subjective impression from Amirm both don't sound impressive, B&W tends to have V shaped FR and not really impressive.

Mass produce vs small quantity have nothing to do with the sound quality, it just means for mass produce ones you share the R&D with a lot of other consumers while limited production ones you paid for all those facilicity costs, usually for small quantity stuffs you also normally get better looks and texture, but for performance it usually isn't.

warpdrive

I noticed on the other thread that there were links to the soundstage review and measurements of the Monitor Audio 500 and 300 Silver 7th gen. They look fine.....some small scale flaws like the 6G that amir measured, but nothing that would be an immediate deal breaker. So it seems to me that the Silver Gen 7 is worth considering. . However, I'd expect these new Dynaudios to perform overall better and the Polk Reserve is known to be a competent offering (erin, audioholics, this forum). It might come down the looks or pricing. Hope these new Emit models get the Klippel treatment someday.

For the Monitor Audio, personally what I like the most is the covered tweeter.....kid friendly. I suffered once when a young kid pushed-in my aluminum dome tweeter once, which caused a permanent crease even when I managed to pull it back out mostly, so having a protected tweeter dome is selling feature for me!

Last edited:

despoiler

I found a review of the new Emit 20 that has measurements included. Not the fully monty of measurements, but at least something to look at and to read that isn't subjective.

Attachments

• HiFi Critic Emit 20 Review June 2022.pdf
    704.7 KB · Views: 464

despoiler

Here is an interview with a Dynaudio engineer on the technology and engineering design of the Emit 20.

Top Bottom