• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

Erizo

DynAudio Core 47 measurements link

Screenshot_2022-12-06-14-26-21-41_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

This is just like being in the studio with them....

The core sub absolutely smashes it. Sure, I've been on the Red wine. But arne't all the best reviews done after a few bevies ?

Ok, just turned the volume up a tad... Yeah structural movement going on.

Don't worry about the reviews of the Sub.... 4 x 9" sealed subs in a 50 kg box that does not move a mm at harsh levels....

Rahan

This is just like being in the studio with them....

The core sub absolutely smashes it. Sure, I've been on the Red wine. But arne't all the best reviews done after a few bevies ?

Ok, just turned the volume up a tad... Yeah structural movement going on.

Don't worry about the reviews of the Sub.... 4 x 9" sealed subs in a 50 kg box that does not move a mm at harsh levels....
Did You hear it?

witwald

Forum Donor
The core sub absolutely smashes it.
It wouldn't be very difficult for just about any subwoofer to handle that track's low-frequency content. There's not much energy below 45Hz. In comparison, the first track on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon studio album contains significant low-frequency energy down to 26Hz.

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
Strange to see that notch taken out of the mid-range. Wonder if it is to counteract the resonance from the port?
More likely, it's what Erin dug up on the Special 40 and Heritage Special - a compliance issue between the surround and the cone. You can see it on the woofer too, right around 680-700hz.

Rahan

Hi, just to update: I Added to the core 47 a JBL 4645c powerd by XLS 1502 Crow amplifer. The crossover point is 80hz for now. (I use incorporate bass management on the core. I'll set the cross over a bit higher when I could offer a SHD studio)
It matchs perfectely the core 47 sound and adds just what I want of low frequency in my basement.

Hi, just to update: I Added to the core 47 a JBL 4645c powerd by XLS 1502 Crow amplifer. The crossover point is 80hz for now. (I use incorporate bass management on the core. I'll set the cross over a bit higher when I could offer a SHD studio)
It matchs perfectely the core 47 sound and adds just what I want of low frequency in my basement.
I've got a JBL 4645c powered by a Crown DSi 2000 behind my main seat in my movie room.... Certainly moves the seat !! I do, of course have four more subs in the same room ( ¼ into the room in the 4 corners ).... Let just say, the roof tiles rattle when cranking it up. I'm uk based, 150 year old welsh slate tiles on the roof....

Top Bottom