• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio BM5mk3 measurements

kezman

Does anyone have this model? There is somewhere a frequency graph? :D
@amirm you could do something in the future?
I found the following video but shows the measurement of speaker in his room , or am I saying something wrong?

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
but shows the measurement of speaker in his room
For sure in his room. But as you see, mic is very close and FR is relatively flat. Maybe some desk reflection cancellation present, I don't know.

D

Deleted member 12642

I grabbed these, hardly any reviews. My speakers I compared it to are behringer 2030p, kh80, and dayton br-1.

They're uh, kinda meh. Narrow dispersion, really bright. The graph in the first video is accurate to what I got in my measurements. There is a peak at 1k that makes them sound honky, and the treble is raised up with a dip just before 4k which makes them feel even brighter. Some of the raised trebl is probably from the woofer, in my measurements it was play pretty audibly all the way way up to 5-6k. They measure really similar to the dayton br-1, like really similar. I'd wager the tweeter is largely the same design, most soft domes with big baffles seem to all measure really similarly. They have the highest self noise out of any monitor I've tried, but at a meter I couldn't really hear it.

Dynaudio claims, and seems to have a reputation for a non-fatiguing sound, not sure where they get that from, these things were very fatiguing. I sent them back almost immediately.

I think these are one of the worst monitors you can get for the cost, really don't recommend them.

JVCaxv-4

any news measurements about these monitors? I saw them up close and they are very high quality construction, wooden cabin, deep heavy bass and very open three-dimensional sound! I would like to see measurements...

staticV3

Master Contributor
any news measurements about these monitors? I saw them up close and they are very high quality construction, wooden cabin, deep heavy bass and very open three-dimensional sound! I would like to see measurements...
All devices in Amir's reviews come from members of the community or directly from the manufacturer.
If you want to see measurements of this speaker, you could try contacting Dynaudio and asking them to send one to Amir.
Or you could buy one and send it to him yourself.

Top Bottom