• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dx3 pro optical volume control

Audiophile.id

Hello there i connected my tv using optical input to dx3 pro, i wonder is it possible to let tv control the volume like on usb mode

On usb i set to dac, on dx3 pro display is 0, volume control on Windows

I want on optical input, volume control to behave the same, is it possible?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I want on optical input, volume control to behave the same, is it possible?

The optical out on the two TVs I've had with it were fixed volume.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
The volume control in the DX3 pro will control optical in. However, the unit will not respond to the volume control in Windows (and likely any other OS) except when the input is USB. It shouldn't be a problem as the DX3 Pro has a remote.

OP
A

Audiophile.id

The problem when i switch usb to optical, the volume will be very loud. And i can't turn down volume using TV remote

Kundroc

If your TV allows you to select variable volume on the optical output, it will do the trick (most TVs, however will offer fixed volume only).
Another alternative may be to use a DAC supporting HDMI ARC including HDMI CEC, which enables management of the DAC playback volume from the TV

Top Bottom