• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DX3 Pro issues

noobie

Some Chinese sites are blocked in some parts of the world. Tor browser should solve this kind of problems. I know it worked for me. It's a modified Firefox so it's OK: https://www.torproject.org/
Entirely possible. From my own experience traveling to China, I suspect the blocking is probably more the other direction, however, but with more countries putting up access restrictions, it is possible other countries are affected as well. Not sure why a commercial site for a consumer product company would be banned, but, again anything is possible.

Last edited:

LoveMusic!

Thank you for all your suggestions! It used to work and then suddenly it stopped working. I use Safari on my mac. I even tried Google Chrome and Opera, but the results were the same with Error 522. As of today, I was able reach the web site, but only some data were loaded, leaving blank rectangles all over the screen where I suppose the images were supposed to be displayed. Now, I got back to getting the 522 error again. Oh, well....

Willem

Major Contributor
We are now a few months later. Do we have any recent information?

gonzoflex1

I picked up two DX3 Pros from Drop recently. One clicked a lot and then stopped working (it was turning on and off every three seconds). Very annoying. Tried to update the driver and firmware too. I will say this about Drop, their customer service is very good and is shipping me a RMA. The other unit seems to be working well and I really like the working unit. Based on reading this thread, this means that it's a QC concern and if the device lasts beyond an initial period than the device will last.

As for impressions, I find that my Focal Elears sound much better than just through my phone (Note 9). There is also an improvement when using my Andromedas. I don't hear a lot of difference with my LCD-X. I think this is because the impedance for my Elears are much higher than on my Andromedas and LCD-X.

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As for impressions, I find that my Focal Elears sound much better than just through my phone (Note 9). There is also an improvement when using my Andromedas. I don't hear a lot of difference with my LCD-X. I think this is because the impedance for my Elears are much higher than on my Andromedas and LCD-X.

Higher sensitivity headphones like the LCD-X don’t require much voltage drive to reach eardrum blasting and pinna vibrating levels.
So the dB gain over a typical phone’s headphone socket (typically 0.5-1V RMS) , you know, “amplification” part really isn’t needed.

gonzoflex1

Higher sensitivity headphones like the LCD-X don’t require much voltage drive to reach eardrum blasting and pinna vibrating levels.
So the dB gain over a typical phone’s headphone socket (typically 0.5-1V RMS) , you know, “amplification” part really isn’t needed.

Yeah. It was cool to hear this in action. I'm pretty new to this hobby and like starting with the cheapest option and moving upwards to see the incremental impact. I keep calculated VRMS values for everything I try to see if I can hear the impact of changing the source.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Bliman . When we translate to English and try to write it in a nice way, it might sound harsher than an enraged German... French is a nice language but translate it roughly in English and it might become very bad if you don't take care. This is why it's always written : edited a few minutes ago.
Same here!

As a French, I encounter the same issue with my own post. Sometimes, I'm finding myself a bit rude, due to lack of proper vocabulary.
Still, I'm glad to see ASR as a truly international forum!! :)

dieselschweif

FTR: Today, after 2 months of daily use without standby at night, my new bought DX3 Pro had it's first random shut down.

dieselschweif

Hm, not sure. There is one sticker on top which says "Hi-Res Audio". Bought by ShenzhenAudio via Amazon.de.

USB: 0x152A/0x8750
Revision: v1.04

heyagod

Did you contact them for a replacement? From what I know, ShenzhenAudio is the official reseller and will give you a replacement V2 unit readily (from what I read) if the faulty unit's serial number is before 1905xxx (the LDAC version aka V2).

Take note that V2's output impedance for headphone amp is 10ohms though, and has a different amp chip. Not necessarily worse (we don't know because there isn't a review on the new unit from @amirm ), but theoretically may have an impact on low impedance headphones/IEMs.

Last edited:

rubley00

Bought one from an ebay seller without knowing about the issue. Less than 24 hours after receiving it, it has shut itself off and won't come back on. I should have done more research.

heyagod

Bought one from an ebay seller without knowing about the issue. Less than 24 hours after receiving it, it has shut itself off and won't come back on. I should have done more research.
Contact both the seller and topping themselves, topping will likely replace the unit iirc

heyagod

Luckily the seller took it back with a full refund (even shipping).
Did you remember if the serial number started with 1905xxx, or 1904xxx and lower? 1904xxx and lower is V1, which is likely to be the model you got.

I haven't read any complains about sudden failures like this for V2 so far.

rubley00

Did you remember if the serial number started with 1905xxx, or 1904xxx and lower? 1904xxx and lower is V1, which is likely to be the model you got.

I haven't read any complains about sudden failures like this for V2 so far.
I forgot to look, I was happy I was getting my money refunded and took it directly to the post office.

D

Deleted member 3718

I forgot to look, I was happy I was getting my money refunded and took it directly to the post office.
Hopefully it wasn't a V2. Topping sent me a V2 as a replacement for my V1 that failed after 9 months of daily use. My V1 had about 4 random shutoffs in the 9 months that I used it.

letsgoo

Hopefully it wasn't a V2. Topping sent me a V2 as a replacement for my V1 that failed after 9 months of daily use. My V1 had about 4 random shutoffs in the 9 months that I used it.

Hey, does the V2 also have the clicking problem? Especially when you connect via bluetooth or opt in?

Top Bottom