• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch & Dutch office & factory tour and listening session (with many pics)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You can do but surely it makes financial/ecological sense to turn all appliances off when you aren’t using them, there is no ‘warm up’ period with the speakers.
Keith

garbz

Do those of you who have them leave them powered on all the time?
No. Not only is it unconscionable to do that these days but these speakers don't really have a standby either, at best a wake on lan function, and would consume more power than leading all the lights on my house on.

I have a remote controlled power board.
Speakers take about 35 seconds to boot up and produce sound.

Regarding the wood, early models had issues with cracking. Apparently the design changes slightly to resolve it. Not sure of further details, but were a few reported problems on their Facebook group early in the release of the product.

Had a chance to visit the factory myself. Spoke to Kevin about my reservations of spending 12000eur on active speakers. He showed me how easy it is to slot the board out, mentioned the company is a big believer in right to repair and also has negotiated part supplies so apparently spares will be available for some time up come and even if not the design seems easy enough to replace with alternative components.

Last edited:

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No. Not only is it unconscionable to do that these days but these speakers don't really have a standby either, at best a wake on lan function, and would consume more power than leading all the lights on my house on.

I have a remote controlled power board.
Speakers take about 35 seconds to boot up and produce sound.

Regarding the wood, early models had issues with cracking. Apparently the design changes slightly to resolve it. Not sure of further details, but were a few reported problems on their Facebook group early in the release of the product.

Had a chance to visit the factory myself. Spoke to Kevin about my reservations of spending 12000eur on active speakers. He showed me how easy it is to slot the board out, mentioned the company is a big believer in right to repair and also has negotiated part supplies so apparently spares will be available for some time up come and even if not the design seems easy enough to replace with alternative components.
I had an early pair that cracked. D&D kindly replaced them with a pair that hasn't cracked after ~4.5 years.

Bach

First post: Just a little later, Rolf joined the company to be in charge of sales and marketing.
Did you mean Rolf Smulders, importer of among other brands Scan Speak and designer of various diy models?

Top Bottom