• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch, Kii/BXT Grimm LS1 Be together!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Dutch&Dutch 8C, Kii THREE/BXT and Grimm LS1s Be at Purité Audio, London.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They look interesting, Hedd ‘main towers’ next though (probably/possibly) depending upon how they sound.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If anyone spots anything ‘interesting’ please do let me know, I am always keen to explore what is possible.
Keith

Hephaestus

Truly amazing set of speakers you have there!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They don’t make ‘Madge’s greatest hits ‘ sound any better though.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Joining my active collection, Meridian M10’s, I owned a pair of these from their release in 1984 until the early 2000s when I foolishly sold them.

Keith

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If anyone spots anything ‘interesting’ please do let me know, I am always keen to explore what is possible.
Keith

Synergy horns. I'm sure there are already UK installations, but I haven't seen a domestic installation anywhere in Europe. Coaxial dispersion but much much less limited in SPL than the KEFs and Gradients of the world. Polar from their spec sheet (Danley SM-60F):

1573089290491.png

I think I mentioned it to you already, but in light of the addition of the HEDD to your line, the KS Digital C5-Reference could be very interesting. It blends some features of the HEDD with the Gradient speakers, and I haven't seen it discussed/used much in the English-language market despite being sold on Thomann. It uses a 6.5" SEAS OEM coaxial, similar to Gradient's 1.4/Revolution (though spec'd differently). It's sealed, active, made in Germany and has FIR filtering to linearise phase (like the HEDD). It's in a mini-monitor format (steel enclosure that can be angled; slightly larger than LS50), and surprisingly well-priced given all these features. Measured performance under very demanding anechoic conditions is +/- 1dB from 250Hz to 9kHz (+/- 1.5 from 150Hz to ~9.5kHz), with linear phase at the crossover:

1573090042992.png

Graph trace of the graph above (high treble dips are inherent to SEAS design, inconsequential and Gradient has it as well):

ks-digital REW.png

Their own specs:

1573090244613.png

I've spoken to them before and I've been quite impressed - similar vibes to HEDD, willing to make relatively innovative speakers in Germany at a surprisingly affordable price.

Last edited:

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Synergy horns. I'm sure there are already UK installations, but I haven't seen a domestic installation anywhere in Europe. Coaxial dispersion but much much less limited in SPL than the KEFs and Gradients of the world. Polar from their spec sheet (Danley SM-60F):

View attachment 38068

I think I mentioned it to you already, but in light of the addition of the HEDD to your line, the KS Digital C5-Reference could be very interesting. It blends some features of the HEDD with the Gradient speakers, and I haven't seen it discussed/used much in the English-language market despite being sold on Thomann. It uses a 6.5" SEAS OEM coaxial, similar to Gradient's 1.4/Revolution (though spec'd differently). It's sealed, active, made in Germany and has FIR filtering to linearise phase (like the HEDD). It's in a mini-monitor format (steel enclosure that can be angled; slightly larger than LS50), and surprisingly well-priced given all these features. Measured performance under very demanding anechoic conditions is +/- 1dB from 250Hz to 9kHz (+/- 1.5 from 150Hz to ~9.5kHz), with linear phase at the crossover:

View attachment 38070

Graph trace of the graph above (high treble dips are inherent to SEAS design, inconsequential and Gradient has it as well):

View attachment 38078

Their own specs:

View attachment 38071

I've spoken to them before and I've been quite impressed - similar vibes to HEDD, willing to make relatively innovative speakers in Germany at a surprisingly affordable price.
Are you sure those C-5 are sealed? Because that slit at the bottom back looks like a port to me.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you sure those C-5 are sealed? Because that slit at the bottom back looks like a port to me.

I stand corrected, it was too dark for me, thought it was part of the stand.

KSdigital-C5-Reference2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Grimm make Three versions of the LS1 I believe the most expensive Be version with motional feedback subs is considerably more expensive than the 8Cs .
Keith

kaka89

But Grimm also has a cheaper version LS1a, how does it compares?

Grimm didn’t release measurement for every model, I assume they are the same?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have only ever owned the original LS1 and the ‘top of the line’ BE/ motional feedback version, but I wouldn’t expect there to be a huge difference between any of the models.
Keith

Top Bottom