• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch & Dutch 8Cs

murl

I would probably need an option with a small foot print if anyone has suggestions.

murl

Send me your REW .mdat file when ready. I can export the REW impulse responses and import into DSP and run a basic correction and chart the sim for you to look at. Then you can decide.

Cheers!
I will do this later. I am going to try and read your book in February. Probably need to read more about taking measurements, I'm sure these are fairly important and seem like garbage in garbage out situation.

mitchco

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
I will do this later. I am going to try and read your book in February. Probably need to read more about taking measurements, I'm sure these are fairly important and seem like garbage in garbage out situation.

Cool and yes! Here are a few links that can help taking measurements: https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/some-guides-to-rew-and-acoustic-measurement.121/

Rythmik make great subs and would be an awesome match with the 8c's, but... take some measurements first, a little bit of DSP may restore what you are missing compared to your previous setup. The 8c's have considerable deep bass as you have previously heard and also show in my measures. I suspect it is simply you are siting in a room null... We can fix that.

murl

Cool and yes! Here are a few links that can help taking measurements: https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/some-guides-to-rew-and-acoustic-measurement.121/

Rythmik make great subs and would be an awesome match with the 8c's, but... take some measurements first, a little bit of DSP may restore what you are missing compared to your previous setup. The 8c's have considerable deep bass as you have previously heard and also show in my measures. I suspect it is simply you are siting in a room null... We can fix that.

Thanks Mitch. I hope it can be fixed because it’s like I bought different speakers. It does demonstrate how much of an impact a room can make. Does it matter much whether you use a convolution filter in Roon or the parametric EQ built in the 8cs.

mitchco

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Hi @murl before we can determine the eq approach, we need left and right REW measurements of your room first to see what the problem is, where it is and by how much. It maybe that some PEQ's in the 8c's will work or may need to invoke some real room eq. Won't know until we see some measurements...

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry I think they were too big. Try this.
Have you tried them closer to the wall? That looks like windows behind them, bass maybe escaping that way, have you played much with the boundary settings?

murl

Have you tried them closer to the wall? That looks like windows behind them, bass maybe escaping that way, have you played much with the boundary settings?

I have tried them farther away. I have played with the boundary settings. Yes those are two large windows that are behind about half of the speaker, drywall on the other half. Should I move them closer to the wall and try to keep the boundary of the speaker inside the wall?

asiano

Does anyone know what the Amplifier Input Sensitivity rating is for the 8Cs? My preamp has a configurable setting for this that defaults to 2V rms.

asiano

It is configurable. There are two settings. Typically, I use -10dBV for single ended and +4dBu for balanced.
I have the 8Cs set to +4dBu, but what would the corresponding setting be for the preamp in VRMS? I'm not familiar with the relationship between dBu and VRMS.

murl

I tried them 20cm from the wall and kept them within the confines of the wall, not the window and the bass response was much better. Even my wife walked by and commented that it was better. I will try to take some new measurements this weekends if the kids are out of the house.

satbox

Hi,

I have just received my D&D 8C, all is OK except that I can hear a short ennoying crackling each time the sample rate changes (from 44kHz to 96kHz or from 88.2kHz to 48kHz, etc).

The D&D are connected via digital AES from a Singxer SU-2 and the Singxer is connected via USB to an HTPC running Windows 10. The D&D firmware version is 1.3.12

Any idea on what is causing this issue? Thank you!

murl

Hi,

I have just received my D&D 8C, all is OK except that I can hear a short ennoying crackling each time the sample rate changes (from 44kHz to 96kHz or from 88.2kHz to 48kHz, etc).

The D&D are connected via digital AES from a Singxer SU-2 and the Singxer is connected via USB to an HTPC running Windows 10. The D&D firmware version is 1.3.12

Any idea on what is causing this issue? Thank you!

Hmm, I don't have this problem but feed them an XLR analog signal. I had a minidsp for a short period of time using AES but didn't remember having any issues with sample rate changes? Do you have the option of trying another digital signal? I couldn't imagine you would have problems with an analog signal but never the less it should work with a digital signal. Out of curiosity what is the volume set at in lanspeaker? I did have an audible hiss but the guy had the volume really high when I received them.

murl

Does anyone know if the subwoofer output is supposed to work with the next firmware upgrade?

satbox

Hmm, I don't have this problem but feed them an XLR analog signal. I had a minidsp for a short period of time using AES but didn't remember having any issues with sample rate changes? Do you have the option of trying another digital signal? I couldn't imagine you would have problems with an analog signal but never the less it should work with a digital signal. Out of curiosity what is the volume set at in lanspeaker? I did have an audible hiss but the guy had the volume really high when I received them.
Hi,
Unfortunately I do not have another device that can feed the D&D with a digital aes signal. The internal volume of the speakers is set to 0dB. I think that the issue comes from the Singxer su-2 USB to aes interface. I have solved the problem by resampling all rates to 48kHz which is the D&D internal working sample rate and it sounds really good.

murl

Hi,
Unfortunately I do not have another device that can feed the D&D with a digital aes signal. The internal volume of the speakers is set to 0dB. I think that the issue comes from the Singxer su-2 USB to aes interface. I have solved the problem by resampling all rates to 48kHz which is the D&D internal working sample rate and it sounds really good.
Sounds like a reasonable fix.

Top Bottom