• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch 8C Roon Ready ( at last )

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dutch&Dutch have announced that the 8Cs have received their certification from Roon and are now ‘Roon ready’!
Which means if you are a Roon user the 8Cs will show up as a device and you can stream music straight to them, using either their own inbuilt or Roon’s attenuation.
Very neat for a digital only system, you still can of course connect other sources through their XLR inputs.
Keith

Massimo

Can you please share a link to the announcement from D&D.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The way I understand it they have been Roon Ready approved but the firmware update from Beta to final release by D&D hasn't happened, hopefully by the end of the year. It would also be nice if they fix the bug the recent firmware has with REW.

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dutch&Dutch 8C at Purité Audio London, latest order awaits…

Keith

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Per Martin

Roon’s been cooking for a long, long, long time. Anticipation has been building, literally for years. I myself made the mistake of leaking that the 8c’s would ‘soon’ be Roon-Ready. It’s a mistake that has been haunting us ever since, and it’s been frustrating for all of you who’ve been waiting for the 8c’s to become Roon-Ready.

What we’re seeing right now, is the result of Roon Labs and Dutch & Dutch not adequately coordinating the release of the Roon Store and the Roon-Ready firmware. The misalignment makes it appear as if we’ve jumped the gun.

The roll-out of Firmware 2.0 is scheduled to start tomorrow. We’ll release it to 8c’s in the field in batches, and if all goes well, everybody will have access to the new firmware before New Year’s.

Merry Christmas guys.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Hoorah!
I never lost faith, well maybe once or twice!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks JJ released yesterday, Ascent app and the new firmware version which includes Roon ready.

Dutch&Dutch available at Purité Audio London

Keith

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Per Martin

Roon’s been cooking for a long, long, long time. Anticipation has been building, literally for years. I myself made the mistake of leaking that the 8c’s would ‘soon’ be Roon-Ready. It’s a mistake that has been haunting us ever since, and it’s been frustrating for all of you who’ve been waiting for the 8c’s to become Roon-Ready.

What we’re seeing right now, is the result of Roon Labs and Dutch & Dutch not adequately coordinating the release of the Roon Store and the Roon-Ready firmware. The misalignment makes it appear as if we’ve jumped the gun.

The roll-out of Firmware 2.0 is scheduled to start tomorrow. We’ll release it to 8c’s in the field in batches, and if all goes well, everybody will have access to the new firmware before New Year’s.

Merry Christmas guys.
The new firmware and native app are great. All of my settings carried over seamlessly except for input selection (no big deal).

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just a quick note to describe the new Dutch&Dutch 2.0 firmware upgrade which enables the 8Cs ‘Roon ready’ feature, the firmware upgraded incredibly quick;y without issue, we opened Roon and the 8Cs were there, music played!
If you aren’t familiar with the 8Cs this means you just need a computer to run the Roon core and a pair of 8Cs, the speakers are connected via your LAN, it is an extremely neat system.
Keith

murl

Just got the 2.04 firmware upgrade. In Roon do you just group them together?

Attachments

• Roon screenshot.png
    Roon screenshot.png
    878.6 KB · Views: 98

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The latest firmware is 2.05. You group them in the Ascend App. Roon will then see the group as a single.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-194905_Roon.jpg
    Screenshot_20220116-194905_Roon.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 105

winsmyton

I have some small bug with Roon in 8C, firmware version is latest. It will drop from Roon. Maybe once/twice a week. Sometimes it happened when I adjust volume from iPad Roon remote. Anyone have seen this behavior? When it's dropped from Roon, everything else works, XLR inputs or 8C App access are still working.

Only way to fix it, is power off both 8C set and power on again. Wonder if there is a reboot in Apps?

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have some small bug with Roon in 8C, firmware version is latest. It will drop from Roon. Maybe once/twice a week. Sometimes it happened when I adjust volume from iPad Roon remote. Anyone have seen this behavior? When it's dropped from Roon, everything else works, XLR inputs or 8C App access are still working.

Only way to fix it, is power off both 8C set and power on again. Wonder if there is a reboot in Apps?
Yes, I have had that exact thing happen on a few occasions, but for me it is much less frequent than you. I would say every few weeks.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Exciting developments in development.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is and I hope to be joining you very soon!
Very Best,
Keith

kma100

Forum Donor
I don't see them on the website. They would be under "Dutch and Dutch" correct?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
On my site, yes ‘products’ then scroll down, there is quite a sombre photograph of the 8Cs woofer.

Keith

Top Bottom