• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch 8C commendation

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Traditional actives do sound pretty similar, Genelec ,ATC, PSI etc but the Kiis and 8Cs are quite different and this is immediately apparent if you compare them side by side as I do here.
Keith

Again, you are preaching sales man speak here. Jantex at Gearslutz, whom you quited above in OP, took many days of fine tuning to have the DD8C speakers reach their potential. At first, he was a bit disappointed. So now he has DD8C in one room where their potential is taken out, and he has another set of speakers (8351) in another room.

How is it possible that you use one studio engineer’s quote for an opening post while you close your eyes for the entirety of that studio engineer’s review? You show lack of integrity here.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I haven’t been to Jantex’s room nor have I heard with his ears, I can only state what I hear here, in my two rooms one ‘treated’ although the studio boys scoff when I call it that, and one untreated the difference between the cardioid speakers, including the Gradient 1.4 is blindingly obvious.
I can imagine the Genelecs sound ok in a properly treated room, but then nearly all speakers do.
@ Jon just make sure they have your serial numbers if they don’t already. I will check re the length of warranty.
Keith

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
I haven’t been to Jantex’s room nor have I heard with his ears, I can only state what I hear here, in my two rooms one ‘treated’ although the studio boys scoff when I call it that, and one untreated the difference between the cardioid speakers, including the Gradient 1.4 is blindingly obvious.
I can imagine the Genelecs sound ok in a properly treated room, but then nearly all speakers do.
@ Jon just make sure they have your serial numbers if they don’t already. I will check re the length of warranty.
Keith

@Purité Audio , you wrote: «, I can only state what I hear here».

So let it be with that. Given a sample of one (maybe two) and your desperate dealer status you should respect ASR as a place where strong statements need strong evidence.

You are pushing too hard, even if this is in ridicilous desperate dealers section.

Why do we still have a desperate dealers section when we already killed the fight club?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The 8Cs not only have wide even dispersion ( you know what that is Svarty right) but also a cardioid response, I presume you also know what that is and that Genelecs don’t have it.
In a properly treated room a pair of 8351’s a pair of subs, GLM software recalibrated not to run ‘flat’ and you will almost have a system as good as the 8Cs.
Keith

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
The 8Cs not only have wide even dispersion ( you know what that is Svarty right) but also a cardioid response, I presume you also know what that is and that Genelecs don’t have it.
In a properly treated room a pair of 8351’s a pair of subs, GLM software recalibrated not to run ‘flat’ and you will almost have a system as good as the 8Cs.
Keith

Displaced drivers mean more colured reflected sound. Is reflected sound neglected sound?

Keith, these are all excellent speakers, when they work. No need to pretend otherwise.

An off-topic question:

=> You called the Kii3 a big speaker and all you need. Then came BXT which tripled the size and almost the cost of the Kii system. Why do you think KiiBXT is better than Kii3?

=> You never were willing to call a winner between DD8C and Kii3. Now that Kii3 became KiiBXT, do you still think it’s undecided between Kii and DD8C?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Displaced drivers?
What I have found here is that the Kiis and 8Cs just sound clearer than any other speaker I have tried in my domestic rooms.
I am just being honest, when customers asked for example about our ATC 50’s compared to the 8Cs/Kiis, I would say they were larger, more expensive but with less bass extension, more difficult to place ( and every position was compromised) and in comparison sounded congested .
All the elements of the 8Cs, phase coherence, full range, wide even dispersion, cardioid, tone and EQ together make a really excellent speaker.
Honesty if Genelec or any other manufacturer make anything as good or better I will be here shouting about it.
Actually I am hoping to ‘re-visit’ the Grimm LS1’s with their new motion feedback subwoofers, I really liked them when we first had them, they displaced the Genelec 8260/7270 combination I had been using up to that point.
Keith

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Displaced drivers?
What I have found here is that the Kiis and 8Cs just sound clearer than any other speaker I have tried in my domestic rooms.
I am just being honest, when customers asked for example about our ATC 50’s compared to the 8Cs/Kiis, I would say they were larger, more expensive but with less bass extension, more difficult to place ( and every position was compromised) and in comparison sounded congested .
All the elements of the 8Cs, phase coherence, full range, wide even dispersion, cardioid, tone and EQ together make a really excellent speaker.
Honesty if Genelec or any other manufacturer make anything as good or better I will be here shouting about it.
Actually I am hoping to ‘re-visit’ the Grimm LS1’s with their new motion feedback subwoofers, I really liked them when we first had them, they displaced the Genelec 8260/7270 combination I had been using up to that point.
Keith

If you are so honest, answer my two questions above then.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes of course, the Kii/BXT is better, than the standalone Kii, the clarity is astonishing ,I guess partly due to the extension of the cardioid response, perhaps as they are now a line source, you can enable and disable the BXT from the Kii control o really easy to compare.
I haven’t had a chance to compare them to the 8Cs because my demo pairs were out over Christmas but as soon as one returns.
Keith

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Yes of course, the Kii/BXT is better, than the standalone Kii, the clarity is astonishing ,I guess partly due to the extension of the cardioid response, perhaps as they are now a line source, you can enable and disable the BXT from the Kii control o really easy to compare.
I haven’t had a chance to compare them to the 8Cs because my demo pairs were out over Christmas but as soon as one returns.
Keith

Why do you write "of course, the Kii/BXT is better, than the standalone Kii" when you just months back in time argued that Kii3 is big speaker and all you need? You change your arguments after the company introduce an add-on product. Don't you see the inconsistency? This is a science forum, not a dollar forum where the dollars control what comes out of your mouth.

You take up 95 percent of the space in "desperate dealers forum". So I suggest to @Thomas savage and @amirm that we rename this ridiculous forum to "Keith forum" or "Purite audio forum".

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
And just one more thing @Purité Audio , since you are "just being honest".

You are not capable of comparing the Kii, KiiBXT and DD8C because the DD8C are "out over Christmas". So how can it bee that you have little problem comparing Kii, KiiBXT and DD8C with speakers that haven't been in your house for years?

Don't you see the lack of logic here?

Lack of both logic and integrity is obviously fine in "Keith forum".

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I wrote, ‘yes of course’, as in, of course I will answer your question.
I still believe the Kii is all you need, unless you have a very large room or want to play un-healthily loudly.
However the Kii/BXT combination is better , one would have to decide whether one can justify the extra cost of the BXT module.
The Kii/BXt is probably the best sound reproduction I have heard here, and I have owned much,much more expensive set-ups.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
And just one more thing @Purité Audio , since you are "just being honest".

You are not capable of comparing the Kii, KiiBXT and DD8C because the DD8C are "out over Christmas". So how can it bee that you have little problem comparing Kii, KiiBXT and DD8C with speakers that haven't been in your house for years?

Don't you see the lack of logic here?

Lack of both logic and integrity is obviously fine in "Keith forum".
When I compared the 8351’s they were bought into this room by a customer and placed next to the Kiis and 8Cs , hardly ideal and I would love to have the Harman shuffler, but at least the arrangement allowed fast switching between speakers.
Keith

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
If Dutch and Dutch move production to Finland stand by for a totally different tact..

Can we stop hounding Keith , he’s desperate,a desperate man in desperate times , he can barley afford oil for his barrow wheel so let’s cut him some slack .

He’s also ginger so being mean to him is a act of racism.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
If Dutch and Dutch move production to Finland stand by for a totally different tact..

Can we stop hounding Keith , he’s desperate,a desperate man in desperate times , he can barley afford oil for his barrow wheel so let’s cut him some slack .

He’s also ginger so being mean to him is racism.

So let’s rename the desperate dealers forum to «Keith’s place» then.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

He’s also ginger so being mean to him is a act of racism.
Where have you been all weekend?
Keith

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, I see :)

Sorry @Cosmik, hadn’t meant to lay a trap there.

I think it’s become fashionable to talk about “waveguides” rather than horns in home audio, but the fact is that these waveguides load the driver precisely because they’re horns, and indeed the extension of this 8C’s 1” dome tweeter down to 1250Hz depends on this.

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I’m ment to be taking some time away ( 10 days or so, maybe forever) from you bunch of thankless bastards but I made a exception for you on this occasion because your so clearly very special.
Weirdly,I missed you and was even slightly concerned.
Keith

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Weirdly,I missed you and was even slightly concerned.
Keith
Concerned I’d return... that’s damn weird Keith I’d go doctors tout suite you might be having some kind of sentimental break down . Hey being round family at Christmas, it will do that to a man.

Top Bottom