• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch 8C No longer available

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi everyone. I am a Dutch & Dutch authorized dealer (Nice Cans, formerly in Austin, TX, now in Bellingham, WA). I have a pair of Dutch 8C B-stock, recently obtained from Dutch USA. It's the 96khz internal DAC, not the latest 192khz. Black face with white oak cabinets. The B-stock problem is there's veneer damage where the face meets the carcass, and a very small dent at another corner. See attached pictures. I suspect the veneer damage can be repaired by skillful hands with some quality wood filler.

These are set up and running in my short-term (apt) digs in Bellingham while I await completion of my new home and office. I can demo them by appointment running a Roon setup through an M1 Mac Mini with both local files and Tidal. They come with the Dutch mfr. warranty and all original packaging, plus email and phone support from them and me. I can ship them to continental US locations for actual shipping cost.

I am using jury-rigged speaker stands temporarily, but you would want to get some. I can arrange for the dedicated Dutch stands or other Sound Anchor products.

Attachments

• IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5949.jpeg
    IMG_5949.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_6086.jpeg
    IMG_6086.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_6416.jpeg
    IMG_6416.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_7549.jpeg
    IMG_7549.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_7834.jpeg
    IMG_7834.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:

RobL

Forum Donor
I think these are solid wood, not veneer actually…though that might make hiding the damage easier. A wet cloth and a hot iron will probably decompress the wood where it’s dented. The chamfer could then be widened to hide the scar.

Are these returns?

OP
S

suttondesign

Forum Donor
I am not sure. I just asked Dutch to send me some b-stock. If I had to guess, since they are the 96khz, I would say they had an amp or board replaced, but that is mere surmise.

creed

Very nice speaker, this does have the in-built Roon support I assume? Even though they might be on an older board?

OP
S

suttondesign

Forum Donor
I hadn't actually tried it yet, so I'll do that tomorrow and report back. It's a firmware update, and I didn't check that when I first set them up.

Top Bottom