• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch 8C and 8M arrive next week!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Purité Audio have a new delivery of 8Cs arriving next week and D&Ds 8M, the 8Cs younger brother!
http://dutchdutch.com/

Keith

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very interesting discussion on Gearslutz, btw, where the main engineer at Dutch & Dutch explains some of the design choices: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mastering-forum/1187968-new-speakers.html

What I've been wondering, Keith: Does the software inside the 8Cs allow for making additional room correction in the bass, if you do measurements with an external mic? Dutch & Dutch don't write anything on it in the presentation, as far as I can see. If they can room correction algorithms, then these would really be an amazing all-in-one solution: Even Roon ready soon, which means that there would be no need for ANY additional boxes in my case. Pretty cool.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thanks for that link, I hadn’t realised Martijn had posted on that thread.
Yes they have built in EQ which is configurable from the app, you can also increase and decrease the bass and treble , set the boundary distances from the side and front walls, adjust input gain, everything oh integrate subwoofers .
They are good ,
Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Where is the documentation on their control software? I can find nothing about it, what platforms it runs on, where to download it, what it does etc.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It is just a page address, ‘ lanspeaker.com ‘ there are various versions, you need to connect some loudspeakers to open the app.
Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is just a page address, ‘ lanspeaker.com ‘ there are various versions, you need to connect some loudspeakers to open the app.
Keith
So it runs on anything with a browser, very flexible.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Very and soon Roon ready, you will be able to stream directly to them.
Keith

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will that require two lan cables, or do they communicate with each other?

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Will that require two lan cables, or do they communicate with each other?
A cable to each speaker to set parameters , then a cable between speakers once set, you can include as many speakers as you like into a ‘group’.
I use mine with an RME ADI-2 to send digital to the 8Cs and attenuate .
Just to be clear the 8c's don't have a built-in ethernet switch. They're only endpoints. So if you want to be able to remote control them over the ethernet or stream to them, they both need a cable.

Keith

Last edited:
Top Bottom